Driver Side Steering Pull & Chopped Tire? 02 RWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a 2002 2Wd Ram. I bought it 2 yrs ago put new Brakes, Tires, Moog Upper and lower ball joints both sides. Had it aligned after at the tech school I work at. has had a progressive pull to the driver side, then was having tire noise so I did a rotate on the last oil change and the driver side was chopped, I rotated it to the back and sent it in for another alignment, same thing toe camber and caster are in spec but it is pulling even worse.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What are the specs for your current alignment? Can you post up the numbers for each setting below:

Left Camber Right Camber

Left Caster Right Caster

Left Toe Right Toe

Total Toe

Thrust Angle

To eliminate the pull to one side have you tried swapping the front tires from side to side to see if the pull goes away or if the pull switches to the other side? If the pull goes away or goes to the other side then you know you have a tire pull.

If the pull still exists to the same side then we may need to adjust the caster to eliminate the pull. Caster does not cause tire wire. Camber and toe do.

The pull could also be caused by too much thrust angle.

Post of the numbers from your last alignment and I can tell you what needs to happen to alleviate the pulling to one side and help with the tire wear.

OP
OP
R

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
hopefully this helps. this is a before and after off a brand new hunter machine from the tech school. I have rotated these tires every which way possible since this began. After this alignment this thing seems to pull even worse.

20190913_201328.jpg

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hopefully this helps. this is a before and after off a brand new hunter machine from the tech school. I have rotated these tires every which way possible since this began. After this alignment this thing seems to pull even worse.

View attachment 180039

The alignment specs look decent. I would still cross switch the front tires to see if the pull has been eliminated.

OP
OP
R

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Had it back over to tech and on the alignment rack again. Alignment checked out again so we took off tires and balanced them and did runout on a roadforce balancer and reinstalled to the suggested positions. Also tourqed the lugs to spec. Still pulls left like crazy, the guys are stumped too. Looked at the rearend to see if the centerbolt could have shifted but it all looks decent? The pull starts immediately and gets progressively worse with speed. Always to the driver side but it does not pull when braking.

OP
OP
R

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Has anyone here had an issue with upper control arm slipping adjustment? I have a suspicion that this may be happening there is no lock nut on these and I feel like the weight of the truck may be pushing this guy in and changing camber after alignment.