Driver's Side Grab Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyGoatHT

Reaction score
Live in California, moving to Hawaii in November,
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
OK...who else is having problems with thier grab bar getting in/out of their truck? My buddy has a Ram Truck too and his fell completely off while mine is just loose...Is OEM the way to go to replace? Anyone install their own? Let me know...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
They are not secured the best and others have had the same problem.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Apparently this is a pretty common problem... OEM replacement is usually the way to go and should come with installation instructions. I'm sure our vendor, 3rdstrike can get his hands on one for ya!

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I'd replace it with one with a gauge pod but thats just me. Regardless, unless you fix the mounting brackets that hold the POS on (2 screws on the handle) you'll run into it over and over. Problem is the mount for them is made of plastic. So you are screwing a metal screw through a plastic cylinder into the metal pillar bar, guess whats going to fail first.

OP
OP
B

BillyGoatHT

Reaction score
Live in California, moving to Hawaii in November,
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
BBR...this is a common problem from what i understand...

Truckin151...i've seen the steel grab bars if that's what you're referring to. I imagine those are bolted into the frame though, no? What about going Monster Truck and throwing a nylon strap grab?

Silver Longbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came off about two years ago. I just stuck it back in place for looks. I do enjoy watching the guys at the car wash fall out when they grab it.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Interesting. I haven't heard of this problem. Do they come loose from use?

No the plastic piece the screw goes through to mount it to the main pillar cracks and breaks so when you go to grab it and put any weight on it it rips the screw through the plastic part and you wind up on the floor

BBR...this is a common problem from what i understand...

Truckin151...i've seen the steel grab bars if that's what you're referring to. I imagine those are bolted into the frame though, no? What about going Monster Truck and throwing a nylon strap grab?

Those would still end up mounting to the same location. Best thing to do is take it off, takes all but 10min max, and see how it looksif the plastic is cracked, get a new one, if the screw is just loose then tighten it up. Really unless the entire piece is made of metal, any plastic part can fail.

Once you take it off though (if you havent) you will see what I am talking about, should have a picture somewhere around here.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Silver Longbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the Pro Comps they have lasted longer than any tires Ive had, but I want something a little more agressive.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
They should be the same, not a real fan of those though, to me it seems like they just move the stress point to another plastic area.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They should be the same, not a real fan of those though, to me it seems like they just move the stress point to another plastic area.

yea i agree that and i would never pay that much for them. I dont even use it. I would much rather just have gauges there.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i must be lucky, i use mine every time i get in the truck and im 210+ lbs. im gunna go see if it can hold all my weight

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Never used mine but I have passangers that used my pass side ones a few times and it got cracked around the top support bolt. I just replaced it with an OEM one and told them its not a pull up bar in gym class.