Driveshaft safety loop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Christy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to bad to make one,made it out of 1/4 thick aluminum 2 inches wide just be patient, heat aluminum then treated with cold water so it would not break when bending used a old peice of water main 6 inch dia.. the floor metal is tempered steel so I used a drill and tapped floor mount for bolts made sure i painted floor area that i scratched factory paint and seam sealer so not to worry about water or smoke from burn outs getting in cab

20200912_170727.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really a good idea!!! With all the problems the RCSW 8 speeds have had with their driveshafts if you're going to race I think this is a must.
Jay

Last edited:

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I was thinking about this last week as a potential add when I install the lift. But, I'm not real sure that I actually need it. I had one on my 5.0 LX Mustang when I was racing it (which was a must-have) and just like the comfort of knowing it wouldn't come through the floor if I broke it. With the extension added to the driveshaft, I have a little concern about it dropping. I haven't heard any cases of that happening, but it's still something that's in the back of my mind.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of the problems are with the RCSW 8 speed at over 100 mph.
Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Yeah ... but I would hate for my DS to come of front the front lol and I end up doing a 1/4 high jump on the freeway lol ...

Better safe than sorry right ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Cage would be 11.99 and faster

Cage isn't needed on anything newer then 2008 till you hit 9.99 these days.Loop isn't required at most tracks till 11.99 as long as you're on street tires or drag radials,if you're on slicks it's usually required at 12.99.Master disconnect switch is required if the battery has been relocated at all speeds though.My truck is set-up to pass tech anywhere,as i'll run the bracket circle in the summer which encompasses 7 differant tracks,and there is one track that's sticky as far as rules go,they're the only track who've ever checked to see if i do have a loop,they're also the only track that won't allow 4X4's as they've had a couple hi-po 4X4 diesals,bend the steering linkage on launch,and take out the tree,so they've since banned 4x4's.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Cage isn't needed on anything newer then 2008 till you hit 9.99 these days.Loop isn't required at most tracks till 11.99 as long as you're on street tires or drag radials,if you're on slicks it's usually required at 12.99.Master disconnect switch is required if the battery has been relocated at all speeds though.My truck is set-up to pass tech anywhere,as i'll run the bracket circle in the summer which encompasses 7 differant tracks,and there is one track that's sticky as far as rules go,they're the only track who've ever checked to see if i do have a loop,they're also the only track that won't allow 4X4's as they've had a couple hi-po 4X4 diesals,bend the steering linkage on launch,and take out the tree,so they've since banned 4x4's.

Thanks. I was puzzled till I found it was specific to cars. I've only drag raced my cars and use my truck to get them there.

Screenshot_20210208-174744_Chrome.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks. I was puzzled till I found it was specific to cars. I've only drag raced my cars and use my truck to get them there.

View attachment 236956
Wrong page of the book.Read a little more on the late model classes,anything after 08 doesn't need a cage or rollbar till 9.99.Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing any of the newer toys that run deep into the 10's off the showroom floor to run,like the Hellcats/Red Eyes etc. Look in stock and street legal rules

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Wrong page of the book.Read a little more on the late model classes,anything after 08 doesn't need a cage or rollbar till 9.99.Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing any of the newer toys that run deep into the 10's off the showroom floor to run,like the Hellcats/Red Eyes etc. Look in stock and street legal rules

Ahhhhh.....shows how long I've been away. Guess I can flush all the old rules out of my memory and learn fresh. Thank you for the info!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
@Wild one

Is there a specific place to get a crossmember notch for the bigger drive shafts?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one

Is there a specific place to get a crossmember notch for the bigger drive shafts?

Try checking with Inez or one of the other lowering shops,they might have something.Mines a 4X4 so i don't have much to pass on for the 4X2 guys