Dual exhaust with x pipe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed my dual exhaust with x pipe and Borla pro xs mufflers. Already have long tube headers no cats, varaam, tune, pc, and 90mm tb. Was going to take of 90mm due to it not working like supposed to. With new exhaust as more true dual the power seems to be more readily available and better. Definitely lost no low end. Probably gained some. Full 3” till mufflers and 2.5 out to 5” tips.

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Excellent! I had true dual exhaust, x pipe and long glass packs on my Ram for years and loved it. The longer glass packs were mellow and the x pipe really smoothed out the engine. I did lose some low end torque with no headers but it wasn't much. Then I got old and my hearing couldn't take the wonderful "noise" without giving me a headache so back to stock it went. Sigh. Enjoy it, you did it the right way!

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP. I have a similar setup on my truck. I've got 1 3/4" LT headers. From there I re-used the factory cats and spliced them into a custom "true" dual setup to an X pipe and then to a pair of 19" Borla Pro XS muffler. I ran 2.5" from the headers to the mufflers. From the mufflers back we reduced to 2 1/4" in order to keep the stock tail pipes and resonators. I also have 4" bolt-on tips.

Are you planning on adding boost or head & cam in the future? 3" seems like it might be oversized for an N/A 5.7. Either way, your system is an impovment over these restrictive factory y-pipes.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP. I have a similar setup on my truck. I've got 1 3/4" LT headers. From there I re-used the factory cats and spliced them into a custom "true" dual setup to an X pipe and then to a pair of 19" Borla Pro XS muffler. I ran 2.5" from the headers to the mufflers. From the mufflers back we reduced to 2 1/4" in order to keep the stock tail pipes and resonators. I also have 4" bolt-on tips.

Are you planning on adding boost or head & cam in the future? 3" seems like it might be oversized for an N/A 5.7. Either way, your system is an impovment over these restrictive factory y-pipes.

If a muffler shop did your exhaust,odds are they did it with an old style pipe bender,and you're 2.5 to the mufflers is not a true 2.5" because of the crush bends. Flo Pro in Red Deer has one of the biggest mandrel benders in Canada,so if you're ever headed to Calgary or Edmonton,it's worth while making a side trip to Red Deer and checking them out.

http://www.flopro.com/index.html

OP
OP
CG2742

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran 3” from the collector to the mufflers. 3” x pipe. I had 2.5” ran after the mufflers to a 5” tip. I didn’t lose low end most likely due to my 90mm tb. However I will be doing a cam soon. Just installed my mag trans pan 68rfe deep pan. All redline products. Got my 4.10 gears in mail from Moes. It’s coming together. Going for drop soon too

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If a muffler shop did your exhaust,odds are they did it with an old style pipe bender,and you're 2.5 to the mufflers is not a true 2.5" because of the crush bends. Flo Pro in Red Deer has one of the biggest mandrel benders in Canada,so if you're ever headed to Calgary or Edmonton,it's worth while making a side trip to Red Deer and checking them out.

http://www.flopro.com/index.html

0 crush bends in my system and I once had a flo-pro muffler on my LT1 Camaro and it was horrendous sounding. /being negitive in this post haha.

My system was done with mandel bends and everything literally snakes around so there are absolutely 0 crushed joints or bends. It was built extensively by 3 of the best hot-hod heads in the area. Supper impressive setup. my only regret is not getting the 14" mufflers but I'm still happy with these 19"

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Sounds obnoxious but fun, have any video clips yet?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
0 crush bends in my system and I once had a flo-pro muffler on my LT1 Camaro and it was horrendous sounding. /being negitive in this post haha.

My system was done with mandel bends and everything literally snakes around so there are absolutely 0 crushed joints or bends. It was built extensively by 3 of the best hot-hod heads in the area. Supper impressive setup. my only regret is not getting the 14" mufflers but I'm still happy with these 19"

Who's got a mandrel bender in Sask,or did you do it with pieces:ie builder kit?.Can't comment on Flo Pro's street mufflers,did run their race bullets years ago,but that's a whole nother muffler compared to a street muffler,lol

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Who's got a mandrel bender in Sask,or did you do it with pieces:ie builder kit?.Can't comment on Flo Pro's street mufflers,did run their race bullets years ago,but that's a whole nother muffler compared to a street muffler,lol

There are a couple mandrel benders in Saskatoon and we even have running water, cable tv and internet!!! Haha jk

My system was 100% hand built with pieces and precision welding. **** hot rod guys....they did an awesome job.

I just didn’t like the sound on the camaro. Not saying they are bad or good, I just didn’t like it and it was one of their mild ones. I’ve always been a magnaflow, Borla or flownaster delta guy over my various vehicles over the yesrs

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There are a couple mandrel benders in Saskatoon and we even have running water, cable tv and internet!!! Haha jk

My system was 100% hand built with pieces and precision welding. **** hot rod guys....they did an awesome job.

I just didn’t like the sound on the camaro. Not saying they are bad or good, I just didn’t like it and it was one of their mild ones. I’ve always been a magnaflow, Borla or flownaster delta guy over my various vehicles over the yesrs

You even got city busses over there now I hear,lol.Saskatoon used to be my old stomping grounds,spent way to much time at SIR 35/40 years ago,went back over to check the track out again a couple years ago,just after they resurfaced it,not a damn thing had changed in 35 years,lol.Did you ever track Steven Cooper down? Theres a couple quick nitrous trucks coming out of your town this summer,both should be deep in the 12's,maybe even high 11's.

OP
OP
CG2742

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
C623F21A-13D1-4179-B6F4-83C5E1FB18FE.jpeg 14B46008-9A17-4414-8A70-B7ABEBACFD50.jpeg Here are couple pics
They didn’t install it all to my preferences but when I add my cutouts I will move the x pipe forward a bit.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice clean job.

Don't you usually want the X or H pipe installed as close to the engine as space will allow?

OP
OP
CG2742

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I saw what they did I said whatever. I bought a cheap welder and my cutouts. I’ll be moving it forward and installing cutouts after just before the mufflers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf