E-Fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Anyone done an E-fan on they're 4th gen yet?

I have 2 extra fans in my garage so I'm thinking of tackling this idea. Just need to order that fan controller again from DCC.

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
our gen 4 has an e-fan installed from the factory. If you decide to take off the clutch fan. The factory setting for the e-fan to come on is 222 degrees. It can be reset with a tuner though, superchips or diablo to come on sooner depending on what tstat youre running.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
our gen 4 has an e-fan installed from the factory. If you decide to take off the clutch fan. The factory setting for the e-fan to come on is 222 degrees. It can be reset with a tuner though, superchips or diablo to come on sooner depending on what tstat youre running.

Your truck really has a electric fan? Can you take some pics please

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Caleb, you have a gen 4 right? Step up on your front bumper and look over. It sits approx 4" behind the clutch fan, bolted on to the radiator. Approx. the same diameter as the clutch fan. No wiring needed, just reset fan setting thru a tuner.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Caleb, you have a gen 4 right? Step up on your front bumper and look over. It sits approx 4" behind the clutch fan, bolted on to the radiator. Approx. the same diameter as the clutch fan. No wiring needed, just reset fan setting thru a tuner.

Yep we have a 4th gen. I can't believe i haven't noticed the efan. I'm going to go look right now

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Couple pics I just took. Isn't that fan just for when the ac is on?

215994481_photobucket_52487_.jpg

215994481_photobucket_52489_.jpg

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you have a tuner, it can be reset. From the factory its set at 222 degrees. Diablo:
you will see two tabs:
Top tab is Cooling Fans AC Off, click on it
sub tab:
High MPH HS FAN ON 222.79 degrees is default value
Low MPH HS FAN ON 222.79 "" ""
all that means is below 8 mph or above 8 mph per their website

Go back to the orginial two fan tabs:
Lower tab is Cooling Fans AC on, click on it
only one sub tab:
HS FAN ON 222.79 degrees
It reads like this on my diablo tuner

Im running a 180 tstat so I will set all my values at approx 185 degrees. Just waiting for my summit pulley come in to do that at the same time. When you take the clutch fan off, the bottom of the shroud actually drops out, (2 piece) so the clutch fan can slide out from the bottom in one piece (clutch, fan) Removing the clutch fan Bolt, facing the engine, mount the spanner wrench at (Alternator side) to turn clockwise to loosen. Its left handed thread.

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That little fan isn't going to be enough. It's just to supplement the clutch fan at idle.

The good news is that you can probably wire in a bigger fan and use the factory controls.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn, mine isn't an efan. Looks like I'll be replacing the clutch fan.

Yes you do have an efan. You have to climb up on the engine and look about 5-6in in front of the clutch fan and you will see it.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trup you 100% have an e-fan on there as well. There are a number of people on another forum (that you just joined) that are running only the e-fan with the settings changed and a 180 t-stat with no problems.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's good to know for my next truck. Anybody towing like that?

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
That's good to know for my next truck. Anybody towing like that?

:********::********::********:
I absoultely love your truck RubberFrog! It's awesome! But r u thinking of getting a 4th gen?

Trup you 100% have an e-fan on there as well. There are a number of people on another forum (that you just joined) that are running only the e-fan with the settings changed and a 180 t-stat with no problems.

Hmmm... I just might try that then. But then again, that electric fan did seem pretty small. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna let this thing overheat! I'll have to do some experimenting in the summertime.