Eco mode display?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From reading on here some say that you can go through the EVIC and turn on when the truck is in ECO mode. I know the wifes Honda has it as a default dummy light. I was looking through it today and cant seem to find it. Though I did learn that there are a **** ton of gauges that can be displayed along the sides of the EVIC (many are redundant from the analog gauges)

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might be the wrong subforum. Mods feel free to move.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From reading on here some say that you can go through the EVIC and turn on when the truck is in ECO mode. I know the wifes Honda has it as a default dummy light. I was looking through it today and cant seem to find it. Though I did learn that there are a **** ton of gauges that can be displayed along the sides of the EVIC (many are redundant from the analog gauges)

On my '12, it is under system settings, fuel saver, on/off.

Not sure if the '13's are the same or not with the new screen.

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked but didnt find it as a option for any of the display positions.

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
* Settings
* Display
--- * Page down
* Fuel Saver display (last one on second page)

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CAP, are you taking about on the radio? I was looking on the EVIC which is where I would expect to see it (like where the MPG gauge is).

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
CAP, are you taking about on the radio? I was looking on the EVIC which is where I would expect to see it (like where the MPG gauge is).

yes, on the radio. You can toggle it there and it shows up on the EVIC, bottom left corner - green ECO turns on when in ECO mode.

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CAP,

Good call! Who would have thunk to look on the radio for a display on the dash.

You da man

Intrepidacious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well Durangos used to have the rear-wiper knob on the stereo. Go figure. :)

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think this only turns on or off the ECO light in the EVIC, I don't think I actually stops the truck from using ECO mode (MDS)... Am I wrong?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Eco on the evic just tells you that your driving in the eco range it doesn't mean that the mds has engaged. You can't turn the mds from the evic. You need a tuner to turn mds off

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wanted to know when it was doing its eco thing for gee wiz sakes. Not much on the highway in 4X4 auto at 70 thats for sure.

I had also read where some people say the truck vibrates bad when in eco and had never felt it. Now that I know when its on... I still dont hear or feel anything different.

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just wanted to know when it was doing its eco thing for gee wiz sakes. Not much on the highway in 4X4 auto at 70 thats for sure.

I had also read where some people say the truck vibrates bad when in eco and had never felt it. Now that I know when its on... I still dont hear or feel anything different.

It lugs (grunts but doesn't really vibrate) when you are going to slow and its in ECO. Happens to me in the city or when puttering behind someone going less than 50ish.....

Last edited:

Tlevac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
eco mode indicator not showing

just picked up a 2013 ram 1500 sport 5.7L hemi

shows MDS in the specs... but doesn't show eco mode in dash
and cant find fuel saver mode display in the settings.

I drove 400km home from the dealer and easily achieved 9L - 10L/100km(23 -26mpg) on the highway but never saw the ECO indicator in the dash. never found the option to display it either.

anyone know if they removed the eco mode indicator?

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eco mode light is on my 15. Bright green, lower left of evic. Can't miss it when its lit up.

Tlevac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
should mention also i have the air ride suspension so it does show aero mode achieved when above 100 km/hr

damn, maybe i missed it but i don't know how i could miss that on a 4 hr drive.

By the way traded in a 2012 ford f150 5.0 fx4 appearance package for the hemi

Love the hemi... a lot. Nothing bad to say about my ford though, that 5.0L is a beast and great fuel economy.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
* Settings
* Display
--- * Page down
* Fuel Saver display (last one on second page)

It used to be there but if you did any software upgrades, chance are, it disappeared from your options. At least, that is what happened to me. I turned in on and after the first software update, I can't turn it off since the option disappeared. I know we were told once that Chrysler was going to add it back at some point.

C6Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It used to be there but if you did any software upgrades, chance are, it disappeared from your options. At least, that is what happened to me. I turned in on and after the first software update, I can't turn it off since the option disappeared. I know we were told once that Chrysler was going to add it back at some point.

I just bought a used 2013 Sport and I don't see the option in the settings either (latest update already installed). Nor do I notice any difference in sound or feel for the elusive MDS. I'm only getting 13mpg in suburban driving which I consider low for babying it. I installed a Flowmaster American Thunder Muffler and still don't notice anything happening that would clue anyone in that MDS is actually working. But the exhaust sounds very nice now.

So, no ECO light and no chugging/farting/hesitation happening. The truck as a whole seems very sluggish at all times though. :sleepy10: