Editing Custom tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evolizzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I switch back and forth from my street to race tune; I notice the DS asks me if I would like to make changes to the tune or just install... Has anyone ever tried to edit/alter any of your custom tunes, provided by Hemifever? Like advancing the timing, leaning out afrs a little, or increasing redline shift points? Just curious if it is safe to do or is the tune locked which prevents any adjustments? I have easy access to E85 and C16 and every time I see that notification on the DS; I get the urge to try it out... Thanks

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just turn off MDS and input my tire size. The only other thing I would touch is throttle sensitivity.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
With a HF tune, the throttle boost is already set at 20% in the tune, so there is really no reason to increase throttle boost more than that. I have done testing with throttle boost all the way from 0-50%, and have yet to feel any measurable difference. Logs have shown the exact same ET, so any gain if any, is very marginal and only at part throttle.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with Jay... Most of us are not qualified enough to make any positive changes to a custom tune. I don't touch my Hemifever tunes and if I ever think I need something tweaked or at least looked at, I let Sean do it.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Don't mess with the custom tune, these are professional skilled people that know what there doing. If you want something added or changed let your tuner do it. Only thing I mess with is turning MDS off and tire height. There was a guy on the Z that messed with his custom tune and it didn't turn out to good.