Enable Brake Controller Sales Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. What's the best way to do this myself (without taking it to the dealer?) Can you recommend the best way to accomplish this (alfaobd, etc). I'd rather spend my money on a software platform than pay the dealer labor. Thanks!

OP
OP
Mike77

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can do it yourself with AlfaOBD, what you need and instructions on how to are in the first post of this thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
I used to tune with efilive when I had my LS1 Trans Am, so I'm familiar with ecu parameter changes.

I do have a question though on the android vs windows. I have a laptop with windows 10, and an android phone. I'm guessing I'd be better off going with windows for sake of being able to download the current settings?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm not familiar with the windows version but you can upload the parameters with Android. I know from reading there are some obscure settings that you need Windows for but none of the main settings. I think most use Android as it's more portable than using a laptop. It's not bound to one vehicle so having it on your phone can come in handy if your traveling.
I think if you buy the Android or Windows version and email the developer he'll give you a discount on the other if you want both.

OP
OP
Mike77

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not familiar with the windows version but you can upload the parameters with Android. I know from reading there are some obscure settings that you need Windows for but none of the main settings. I think most use Android as it's more portable than using a laptop. It's not bound to one vehicle so having it on your phone can come in handy if your traveling.
I think if you buy the Android or Windows version and email the developer he'll give you a discount on the other if you want both.
Thanks again for all the info! Just for clarity, I can use my android phone (instead of an android tablet)?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have used both a phone and tablet. I bought a cheap Fire7 tablet and side loaded the Google Play Store onto it, that stays with the truck