Engine light malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry pattison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins deisel
Hi I'm new to this forum, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem im having with my 2003 ram 2500 deisel,i took it in to get a smog and the guy says his monitor indicates that my engine light is on,although the light is not lit. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue,the light does work when the key is on

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I'm new to this forum, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem im having with my 2003 ram 2500 deisel,i took it in to get a smog and the guy says his monitor indicates that my engine light is on,although the light is not lit. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue,the light does work when the key is on

Did he say the scanner is reading the light is on or that you have a code? I've never heard of the scanner reading light on without it being on (unless burnt out) but have heard of having a code with no light. I actually have the latter on my Dodge right now.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hmmm interesting

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 2500 4x4 C/C Off Road.