engine malfunction light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flaram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, new to forums here. Had the malfunction light come on after getting into my truck after work. Read the manual, said it could be loose gas cap, bad gas etc. 1/4 tank left after a full tank and this is the first time its came on. Any thoughts on what it could be?

2013 ram 4.7 v8 32xxx miles had it since february when i bought it with 21xxx on it.

No mods on truck except for 3 inch level kit and 33" nitro terra grapplers

Also noticed "rough" ride yesterday and today that includes steering wheel and seat vibration. Hasn't happened since i got truck.

Any input appreciated!! thanks guys

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
you'd need to pull the codes, an engine light can be caused by darned near anything and it will store a code that can be read. If you don't have a programmer or code reader your local parts store will be able to pull the code for free.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try removing and re-installing the gas cap. could be as easy as a loose cap.

OP
OP
F

flaram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dealer replaced gas cap, good as new. have them putting a new drive shaft in next week as well. pays to buy newer and have the warranty!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I was just asking why would a drive shaft be bad on a sorta new truck..

OP
OP
F

flaram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input guys- yeah I've had it 3 different dealers 2 of which said it was driving normal and the techs even gave me the speech that their trucks drive like that. Finally got a good tech at a different dealer who was honest with me about it. Took it for a drive and they narrowed to the drive shaft. The only thing I know about my truck is it was a rental truck for a year before I bought it so maybe bad maintenance there or people renting it where loading it down. Either way glad it's fixed all out of the dealers pocket.