ETorque hemi braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiSue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does my 2023 ram hemi etorque system also help to cool my brakes and potentially extend the life of the brake pads?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The eTorque system does provide some reactive braking to recharge it's battery when slowing down but I doubt it's significant enough to drastically reduce brake useage.

Most people over use their brakes(if it's referred to as ridding people get offensive). Any application of brakes that's not progressively applying more pressure is for all intent "riding the brakes".

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The eTorque system does provide some reactive braking to recharge it's battery when slowing down but I doubt it's significant enough to drastically reduce brake useage.

Most people over use their brakes(if it's referred to as ridding people get offensive). Any application of brakes that's not progressively applying more pressure is for all intent "riding the brakes".
These are the folks in front of you at 50 MPH who aren't slowing down, and yet their brake lights are on. They are also the same people who brake with their left foot.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does my 2023 ram hemi etorque system also help to cool my brakes and potentially extend the life of the brake pads?

As crash stated, there is some regenerative braking when you let off the go fast pedal, which can potentially have a small effect on prolonging brake life. But just to clarify, the etorque system does not actively cool the brakes if that's what you're asking.

OP
OP
H

HemiSue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is, thanks for both responses