EVAP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian7743

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, my name is Brian an I am new to the site. Ive got a 2000 ram1500 5.2 and I have an error code 1495 pointing to the leak detection pump sensor. i feel stupid for asking this question but I can not locate the leak detection pump ANYWHERE. I have looked by the gastank, the charcoal canisters and everywhere else under the truck. videos on youtube put it on the right fender next to the cylinoid but the only thing there are the horns. the truck is a 2000 but it was made in late 1999 if that makes ant difeence. can someone help me locate this please?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ba882daf569a8b7f98bbc7b8358d8cc3.gif

I had a 2001 and it was in engine compartment on passenger side above wheel well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Brian7743

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea well unfortunatly the only thing here is the solenoid and the horn. no pump. ho hoses hanging or open connections that would indicate someone removed it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did all of the trucks come equipped with them?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The picture that I posted says “if equipped”.

OP
OP
B

Brian7743

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
actually on the pic you sent it says (if equipped) right below it. if that is the case, how o i fix the 1495 code

OP
OP
B

Brian7743

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I followed all of the hoses that come from the canister. All hoses lead somewhere, but there is a bigger hose that runs up to the passenger fender where the pump is supposed to be located it is plugged off at the end. I also see the wires that may plug into the pump. However the wire plug is clipped onto the fender. It looks a if the truck came without a leak detection pump om the factory. is this possible? the same thing with the mass air flow sensor. it is supposed to be in the air tube before the valve body there is nothing there. can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
That code "may not" be telling you to replace that part. It may simply be telling you that there is a leak in your system. We always replace the gas cap first. It is the most common reason for a evap code. Next would be to check the charcoal canister and hoses (cracked or broken) under the truck. If the charcoal canister has gas in it, need to replace. Next the purge valve, if you have one. Next the rubber hose from the fill neck to the tank and the return hose from the tank to the canister. If all parts spec/check out OK, it is common for a tech to use run a smoke test for leaks.
I am not a tech. Simply sharing what I have watched my tech do when my 03 had this issue.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That code "may not" be telling you to replace that part. It may simply be telling you that there is a leak in your system. We always replace the gas cap first. It is the most common reason for a evap code. Next would be to check the charcoal canister and hoses (cracked or broken) under the truck. If the charcoal canister has gas in it, need to replace. Next the purge valve, if you have one. Next the rubber hose from the fill neck to the tank and the return hose from the tank to the canister. If all parts spec/check out OK, it is common for a tech to use run a smoke test for leaks.
I am not a tech. Simply sharing what I have watched my tech do when my 03 had this issue.
^^^^^^^^

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had started to get an evap code on my old f150 so the first thing I did was change fuel cap. After months of searching I finally found the culprit, a squril had chewed a hole in the vent tube line on top of the gas tank. Less than $5 to fix.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk