Exhaust Leak - Is This Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See the attached pictures. After leaving the truck with the dealer service department, the service writer tells me this is normal operation. He said it is carbon mixed with water. When I dropped it off he said it might be exhaust system weep holes. The pictures represent two different sections.

8DDFBB86-FCEA-4DD1-82E9-5C97EA6AA359.jpegD22E5691-94A3-44A0-90AE-7F2F03DB8ED1.jpeg

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Looks like S___ welds to me... Although I do see a dent or something in the first picture that could have broken the weld, but that doesnt explain the second picture.

Octane

Reaction score
See the attached pictures. After leaving the truck with the dealer service department, the service writer tells me this is normal operation. He said it is carbon mixed with water. When I dropped it off he said it might be exhaust system weep holes. The pictures represent two different sections.

View attachment 473349View attachment 473350
It is normal and is what the shop says.Condensation mixed with exhaust accumulates and drips out this "weep hole"

OP
OP
R

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
heefageLA: The truck is still at the dealer so I cannot verify my next comments. I'm basing the following on a review of my original pictures and my memory. I noticed the dent, but it seemed so uniform that I thought it was part of the design. In the first picture there appears to be a hole where moisture comes out. The hole is on the side (to the bottom, left of dent), above the weld and at the top of the moisture flow.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
with out the weep hole you end up with a rusted out exhaust.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As already mentioned it is totally normal. That hole is to let the condensation out otherwise your muffler will retain water and rust from the inside out.