Factory GPS antenna, or Sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Ashdown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I took a trade on an 06 Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn a few months back. It's not what I was looking for, but it's growing on me. One of the first things I did was installed a Pioneer double DIN touch screen with DVD, SXM and BT. I mounted the Sirius antenna under the dash in the center where its slotted maybe for a small speaker, but this morning I noticed that it has a black puck antenna over, but just in front of the third brake light. I don't remember seeing a plug for it and it had a basic looking radio (although it was only there for a few days so I'm not sure of what it was). The antenna puck is not rounded, it's more flat angles like a stealth fighter cockpit. What is it and did I just miss the wire pushed up out of the way. I will use it if I can, but I don't want to pull the dash apart if I cant.

Thanks, adown

Wilnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i was going to inquire about this too. I noticed it on my roof too. I would assume its just part of the CAN bus since it's factory

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Fin antenna = sat radio usually, puck antenna = GPS usually