Fan Not Blowing 2017 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathanbmartin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post here. Today my fan stopped working. Fuse is good. Relay reads the same as others using a multimeter (ohms). Replaced the blower motor ($175 at O’Reilly). Still doesn’t come on. I don’t want to start digging into the wiring to the TIPM. Looking for any suggestions (photos, videos, etc. would help). Thanks.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First post here. Today my fan stopped working. Fuse is good. Relay reads the same as others using a multimeter (ohms). Replaced the blower motor ($175 at O’Reilly). Still doesn’t come on. I don’t want to start digging into the wiring to the TIPM. Looking for any suggestions (photos, videos, etc. would help). Thanks.
Do you get 12v to the fan plug

OP
OP
nathanbmartin

nathanbmartin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the response. Yes, there’s 12VDC across the two pins (dark blue and black wires).

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’ve got 12v at the blower it should turn on. Can you try connecting the blower directly to the battery
DITTO, this is the first test. If not turn on, U know. If does, well than fun time.

OP
OP
nathanbmartin

nathanbmartin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DITTO, this is the first test. If not turn on, U know. If does, well than fun time.
Had to fit this test into my Sunday family routine. Connected the old blower and the recent purchase directly to the battery and neither turned on.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the blower motor work on high speed by chance? If the blower motor does not work on the lower settings but does work on high only then you have a resistor problem. The fan on my 11 Ram stopped working on all speeds but high and I changed the blower motor resistor and all was good again. The resistor is located in the heater box near the blower motor. At least it was on my 11

OP
OP
nathanbmartin

nathanbmartin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the blower motor work on high speed by chance? If the blower motor does not work on the lower settings but does work on high only then you have a resistor problem. The fan on my 11 Ram stopped working on all speeds but high and I changed the blower motor resistor and all was good again. The resistor is located in the heater box near the blower motor. At least it was on my 11
Thanks man. Unfortunately, the blowers don’t work on any speed. For this generation of the blowers the resistor is integrated (all one assembly).

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man. Unfortunately, the blowers don’t work on any speed. For this generation of the blowers the resistor is integrated (all one assembly).
Yeah I wasn't sure about the new trucks. I have heard of the the actual fan control units going bad too