Finally installed tow hooks on my sport, pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
***EDIT***

See post #13, page 2 for added cut out specs and bracket details.

First and foremost, thank you to those that have already done this mod and shared the details/dimensions for the custom brackets, they worked perfectly!

I got the hooks for free from a friend, and used the dimensions posted on the forum to have brackets made and powder coated at work.

Took my sweet ass time test fitting, measuring and cutting out the lower bumper insert for a tight, clean fit.

Overall I am very happy how it came out.

My ARB recovery strap slides right on with out touching any paint. Going to pick up a Gator soft shackle to be safe.

20200425_120046.jpg 20200425_135507.jpg 20200425_180823.jpg 20200428_140530.jpg 20200428_140508.jpg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First and foremost, thank you to those that have already done this mod and shared the details/dimensions for the custom brackets, they worked perfectly!

I got the hooks for free from a friend, and used the dimensions posted on the forum to have brackets made and powder coated at work.

Took my sweet ass time test fitting, measuring and cutting out the lower bumper insert for a tight, clean fit.

My ARB recovery strap slides right on with out touching any paint. Going to pick up a Gator soft shackle to be safe.

View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 View attachment 204868 View attachment 204872 View attachment 204873
How the heck did you get the hooks through? Those are the smallest, cleanest holes I've seen for this mod.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Those look awesome

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least you put em on correctly but to each is own, I still get a chuckle when people put them on backwards with the open ends of the hooks facing each other. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How the heck did you get the hooks through? Those are the smallest, cleanest holes I've seen for this mod.

With how I oriented them I was able to "thread them into the hole", basically put the hooks in sideway and rotated through cut outs and then bolted them in (if that makes sence)

At least you put em on correctly but to each is own, I still get a chuckle when people put them on backwards with the open ends of the hooks facing each other. lol.

I know a lot of people think they look better facing in because they are centered in the end opening more...but I wanted function.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With how I oriented them I was able to "thread them into the hole", basically put the hooks in sideway and rotated through cut outs and then bolted them in (if that makes sence)

I know a lot of people think they look better facing in because they are centered in the end opening more...but I wanted function.

See, I don’t even see how they look better that way, tho. I think they look better, even if you don’t use them, being put on the way they’re supposed to be on. That would be like putting your steering wheel on upside down....lol.

After I got my truck back from the body shop when I smacked a deer no more than two months after owning my brand new pick up, I ended up having to take my new tow hooks off and turning them around because the knuckleheads at the body shop put them on backwards.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Ha! Very clean!

Do you happen to still have the template you used to cut the holes? I'd pay you to ship them or even better if you could post something that's printable?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice cutouts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha! Very clean!

Do you happen to still have the template you used to cut the holes? I'd pay you to ship them or even better if you could post something that's printable?

I think. still have the cardboard, but it did not transfer 100% to the insert.

I can try and get some measurements from my actual insert, they should work.
(I did have to add a 1/8" x 1" flat stock spacer to move the hooks down a bit due to the feature in the insert)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think. still have the cardboard, but it did not transfer 100% to the insert.

I can try and get some measurements from my actual insert, they should work.
(I did have to add a 1/8" x 1" flat stock spacer to move the hooks down a bit due to the feature in the insert)
That would be great, I'm sure others would like it too so just post it here!

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! I'd like the measurements of the openings too. Not happy with how mine turned out.

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the delay,

Here are the cut out specs, and the bracket I used (brackets are not my design, I take no credit. It was posted on here).

I used the "rib" feature as a ref. point to make things easy (that is what the masking tape showing). I also used the "rib" as the top line for the cut out.

Let me know if anyone needs more info.

Ram Tow hook cut out base.jpg

Ram Tow hook cut out .jpg

Passenger Side Hook Bracket.jpg

Driver Side Hook Bracket.jpg

Last edited:

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
***EDIT***

View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 View attachment 204868 View attachment 204872 View attachment 204873

Im confused. Are these F150 parts? or did you put them on to help your friends with F150's?

:)

They look good though, good job.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
***EDIT***

Excellent work! Looks like they were factory installed

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just about to test fit the relocation brackets I made today from the above drawings. I used 3"x3"x3/16" angle iron. Wasn't as bad to make as I thought it would be. I did leave extra material on the inside of the hook area to hopefully attach brackets for a light bar.

0917201822.jpg