Flashing Sales Code to BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can do this yourself with Alfa OBD software and a simple tool. See the 4th Gen DIY section. The thread is stickied there.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The two dealers I used charged .5 hours or 60.00 to flash a sales code.however they can/will only enable codes that would be factory available on that trim level.example a cd player would be a go on a express heated seats would not because they were not an available option on an express.even though this easily done with a obd tool.

bighorntactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 crew cab
Engine
For 2013 model trucks Alpha OBD I believe has a bit more capability. I have used the Alpha OBD to modify a couple things however it's not allowing for heated steering wheel on the App for 2012 models and the pedals don't seem to be enabled with the App either however there is a selection for pedals on the App. I guess I could try to connect with someone who works with Alpha OBD to see if the capabilities for a 2012 will be expanded with new versions of software not sure who best to connect with regarding that question however

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked at the Car Configurations on the Alfa Tool for the 09 to 12 and it definitely doesn't have anywhere near the capability of the 13+ version. The dealer is not missinforming you. They cannot enable certain codes because they are completely grayed out to them due to your trim level and installed options list. This was also a problem we had on the 13+ trucks until the Alfa Tool came out. The only other way to do it besides a tool similar to the Alfa is to have FCA unlock the codes and add them to your Vin#. This has to be requested by the dealer through W.I.C (Warranty Information Center). Some people were successful doing this way in the past but very few. To the best of my knowledge FCA has pretty much shut that down as well.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

bighorntactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 crew cab
Engine
The process of making the request through WIC is how I believe the dealer was attempting to add the codes to the BCM, I know it's possible and has been done in the past I just need a dealership that has a good relationship with WIC and maybe I get lucky I guess. The fact that I got folding mirrors added to my vin on a 2012 truck when that feature wasn't even an option on any 2012 RAM regardless of trim tells me if we connect with the right person at WIC that could work

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
What ODB connector are you using? I had no issues at all activating the heated seats and steering wheel on my 2010. I don't remember 100%, but I don't think there was a separate setting for the steering wheel, I only changed these two to "SET"

Car configuration change: Vehicle Config 1: Heated Seats Present: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Cabin Network: HSM Heated Seat Module: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 '

bighorntactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 crew cab
Engine
Well if anyone has any suggestions for dealers out West that you've had decent support with respect to adding features feel free to share

bighorntactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 crew cab
Engine
The seats work both heat and air however the buttons do not illuminate to allow for you to know what setting they are (high / low), not a major issue but figure it would be nice to have it function as designed, the steering wheel heat function I have yet to see an option to set that feature. I believe mine is the Mx I'll have to verify I'm using the Alpha OBD software on an android phone. The last feature that I do see a setting for is the adjustable pedals but not getting anything there, not sure why as it's pretty much plug and play because the harness was already there to be plugged in on the pedal assembly as well as the steering wheel column for the button

bighorntactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 crew cab
Engine
jawzs2 so I went back into alpha obd to configure Car configuration change: Cabin Network: HSM Heated Seat Module: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 ' when I found the option it was just listed didn't say present and I went to select value either Set or Not set I chose Set then turned off the key and removed the Mx OBD connector but nothing changed. Once an option is selected to Set should it not show in the field of options as "present" I've seen that on other things I've added just not sure?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
jawzs2 so I went back into alpha obd to configure Car configuration change: Cabin Network: HSM Heated Seat Module: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 ' when I found the option it was just listed didn't say present and I went to select value either Set or Not set I chose Set then turned off the key and removed the Mx OBD connector but nothing changed. Once an option is selected to Set should it not show in the field of options as "present" I've seen that on other things I've added just not sure?

Yeah, it should show set after you did the change, if I remember correctly, if you go back into it to change it, it should tell you the current setting. I'd try it again and see if it takes

Manuel Escobio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What ODB connector are you using? I had no issues at all activating the heated seats and steering wheel on my 2010. I don't remember 100%, but I don't think there was a separate setting for the steering wheel, I only changed these two to "SET"

Car configuration change: Vehicle Config 1: Heated Seats Present: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Cabin Network: HSM Heated Seat Module: ' NOT SET ' -> '1 '
So you were able to enable the seat heat and ventilation module on. 2010
I’m trying to do the same on my 2012 what software and obd tool did you use

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
So you were able to enable the seat heat and ventilation module on. 2010
I’m trying to do the same on my 2012 what software and obd tool did you use

I used AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX

Manuel Escobio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX
Ok thank you. I ordered the obdlink Mx
I’ll let you know if it works for me.
I had no luck with the autel and launch scanners. Even wasted money on witech
Using tech authority and nothing worked

7B5C1B49-5429-4B49-A83C-72C214700554.jpeg

jon C lawrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
you can use ALFA OBD to tur all of these dealer codes depending on the year of your truck its under 200 usd to get set up