Flashing Trans selector - WTH does it mean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
This is not something I've heard of before though I've very interested! Do you have a link or name of the device?
He gave you the name of the guy who makes them, and told you the info is listed on the forum. Do you really want him to actually do the search for you too?

John - I see you did do the search for him. You are a much more tolerant guy than me, I get tired of people who won't lift a finger for themselves. I am not their mother. Don't mind pointing them in the right direction, but damn, not coming over to install the part too.

Dorser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think there would be a stored code, if you can read it. That might offer some help.

My first thought is to investigate the wiring to the motor that drives the transfer case gear change. Could be corroded. Or the motor might have gotten 'caught' in some mode and the switches aren't making sense to the computer.
Can you explain what the plug and play mod is?

Baysider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don’t want to say what you had was normal for the situation. But Jeeps will occasionally refuse to come of 4L after a long crawl or hard usage. Sometimes reversing a bit will free it up or it will pop out after several tries. Dragging a car in Park would qualify as a heavy load. I say you are ok this time. “Car drive? Apply steady power when you feel me pulling.” She was lucky you stopped. I carry some gear on my truck too.