Flip down rear seats done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
This may have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I think the crew cabs end up with more space behind the seats than the quads. I know I have very little room behind mine, but some of the other guys seem to have quite a bit. I also don't have a direct comparison as I haven't done this mod on my crew cab, only on my quad cab.

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have enough room for an emergency kit etc some ammo but it'll make cleaning the rear window a lot easier.
I was hoping the crew can and quad cab had the same space behind the seats and it was just the rear leg room was different making the doors larger giving the extra space. Either way I'm happy with the extra room.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
How much thread engagement are you getting on that bolt with all those washers under there?

I did not really measure that. But by memory I'd guess about 1/2". Certainly enough to be a PITA to turn the rear ones with a ratchet/socket. :)

I'd imagine that someone with the skills could make a cottage industry out of supplying a kit for this.... longer bolts, 2 delrin blocks that run the length of both rails (and exactly the right height) which also replicated the locator pin, and finally some kind of thing to protect the plastic hooks on the seat back.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
I did not really measure that. But by memory I'd guess about 1/2". Certainly enough to be a PITA to turn the rear ones with a ratchet/socket. :)

I'd imagine that someone with the skills could make a cottage industry out of supplying a kit for this.... longer bolts, 2 delrin blocks that run the length of both rails (and exactly the right height) which also replicated the locator pin, and finally some kind of thing to protect the plastic hooks on the seat back.

Hmmm...I may have to look into that.:naughty:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I doubt any company would go near that liability with a 10 foot pole.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this mod work with the 2014 Express CC with a bench rear seat. My bench rear seat only lifts up. the back doesn't fold down at all.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this mod work with the 2014 Express CC with a bench rear seat. My bench rear seat only lifts up. the back doesn't fold down at all.
The mod allows you to fold the back of the seat down to gain access behind the seat.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'm not sure about the Express specifically, but my Tradesman has a one-piece "bench" seat in the rear, and it works on that. The OP's video shows a split-bench (60/40?) so I guess it works on either.

It's not a ton of space, but I put my wheelstep back there. I also put the R and L side headrests behind there. Much improved visibility!

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure about the Express specifically, but my Tradesman has a one-piece "bench" seat in the rear, and it works on that. The OP's video shows a split-bench (60/40?) so I guess it works on either.

It's not a ton of space, but I put my wheelstep back there. I also put the R and L side headrests behind there. Much improved visibility!

Yes it'll work on a split bench and a one piece bench. The only difference is how may attachment point are on the seat itself. a split bench has 4 bolts holding it down per side (8 in total) a full bench I think only has 4 in the outmost corners maybe a center brace totaling 6.
Lift up the seat and look to see how may attachment points there are.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it'll work on a split bench and a one piece bench. The only difference is how may attachment point are on the seat itself. a split bench has 4 bolts holding it down per side (8 in total) a full bench I think only has 4 in the outmost corners maybe a center brace totaling 6.
Lift up the seat and look to see how may attachment points there are.

No center brace on my 2500's one-piece bench.... just 4 bolts... half of which (rears) are a complete PITA to work: about 2 ratchet-clicks per turn. :)

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That seems to be the consensus, the rear bolts being a pain in the a$$ to remove. Mine were I can say that there were a few choice words said while removing them.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much thread engagement are you getting on that bolt with all those washers under there?
Bolts are really long. I'd say close to an inch or more even with the spacer installed. Plenty to have a very firm hold.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I doubt any company would go near that liability with a 10 foot pole.
Someone apparently already has. As previously mentioned in this thread:
Dodge Ram - NET Audio | Seat spacer kits

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Only down side to the Net Audio spacers is they lift everything 1.5", which is more than most people need. Their height is designed to clear the seat for the their Tall box.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Makes sense, but that's a pretty big drawback. Good to know.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Net audio is building me custom 3/4" spacers Paul will make and provide longer hardware as well. I cut about 1/2" off my hooks but need more as well. The 3/4" lift Should be perfect as others have described. This will also give me 3/4" air spacing between rear seat and 12" sub.:naughty:

Last edited: