Flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I see that they have the shackles but not the flip kit perches and u-bolts etc which you will need all of this to complete the flip kit:

GRP-6214_1.jpg

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/rear_-_flip_kit_-_4-dot-5-qt-/6214/mcgaughysmcg44009rear.aspx

slowhandlarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. I am a rookie here on the forum. "hey all!" So, I did the flip on my 1500, got an astonishing 7 inches of drop with stock shackles. Looked good....but, just a bit to low. Looking for 4 inches or so. Which shackle "lift" size do I need? Also, will stock shocks work? BTW, I have an xtra set of front springs that I am going to chop a coil out of for the 2 inch drop in the front. Thanks to all replies. SHL

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF!

Hehehe yeah using the stock shackles with a flip kit will get ya about 6-8" drop in the rear. You need to get the 2" regular drop shackles I believe (which is what I have on mine I'm 99% sure) and use them in place of the OEM ones with the flip kit.

slowhandlarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is there a remote possibility that you can post a pic of the shackles? I bought some "lowering" shackles from a parts store and they are about three inches longer than the stock ones.... confusing. thx

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you have to raise the back end up, which is why they're longer than oem. if you went with 2" drop shackle, you would almost be laying frame...

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah a 2 inch drop shackle would give you 7-9 of drop. you need a lift shackle.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK. If you are trying to piece it together you will need the longer shackles with to go with the flip kit, like these: {Not the short shackles!}
GRP-5310_3.jpg

But you will also need the perches for the leafs to be on once you do the flip kit like this:
CIMG2913-1.jpg

And here you can see the shackles I have are longer compared to the OEM ones which is what you'll need to get, don't get the short drop shackles
CIMG2908-1.jpg

Here's where you can get them:
Lowering Parts - Lowering Shackle Kits By DJM

On Dodges, once you flip the leaf spring under the axle, you need a longer shackle, if you keep the OEM short ones, you will get a 8" drop or so.

Here's how I described it last time

[tapatalkin]

slowhandlarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup. got all that from last post. My Q was my "drop" shackle is about 4 inches longer than the stockers, and what is the "lift" length. (the current length of your shackle to get the 4.5)

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Probably 4 inches.