FNG with a new used Ram with issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrHayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off I'd like to say thanks for having me. I bought a 2010 SLT 4x4 with 95000 miles on it a few days ago. It's a great truck. However I'm just now experiencing problems that didn't reveal themselves during shopping. First off. The truck stalled on three occasions while at idle prior to crossing traffic. Second. I have had two occasions when out in town where when I returned to the truck from the store I noticed my driver's side and passenger side windows where lowered maybe a quarter way. My bed light was on as well as running lights. After some research I'm thinking the TIPM is the problem. Any thoughts?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off I'd like to say thanks for having me. I bought a 2010 SLT 4x4 with 95000 miles on it a few days ago. It's a great truck. However I'm just now experiencing problems that didn't reveal themselves during shopping. First off. The truck stalled on three occasions while at idle prior to crossing traffic. Second. I have had two occasions when out in town where when I returned to the truck from the store I noticed my driver's side and passenger side windows where lowered maybe a quarter way. My bed light was on as well as running lights. After some research I'm thinking the TIPM is the problem. Any thoughts?

Any engine light or codes?

for passenger side windows where lowered maybe a quarter way

My 2011 did this i couldn't figure it out until i found this vid if you press un lock button 2 times and hold the windows will roll down lol.... its a feature i found when i was un locking the truck i press to many times or auto starting my remote would sometimes glitch and cause both windows to go down a bit.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check your spark plugs. 30000 mile service interval. Also if not oem, change them out . Hemi does not play well with other than oem plugs.

OP
OP
MrHayes

MrHayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So my truck stalled on me again today. Fortunately I was paying attention and was able replicate it. It appears that when I come to a abrupt stop not necessarily slamming the breaks it stall when the vehicle comes to a complete stop.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
In the old days, when things were simple, you'd think a vacuum leak or something silly.
Now? Forget about it. Could be god only knows with all the crap under the hood.

Somebody needs to make an aftermarket intake and carb for these motors. Lol.

OP
OP
MrHayes

MrHayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This whole stalling issue is getting to be a real problem.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
This whole stalling issue is getting to be a real problem.
Pull a spark plug check condition, gap & correct type........1 looks good the others probably the same.
If all is well check for dirty throttle body & fuel treatment in gas tank like Red Line SL-1
Sure the fuel is good?

OP
OP
MrHayes

MrHayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thx Crackerjack. I'll pull a plug for inspection. I topped of my fuel tank with premium and added Seafoam a half tank ago.