For those with 32 gallon tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys my truck went in for service recalls and my big concern was the fuel gauge fix, can someone confirm that with the software updates this will get fixed, 99CHZ, 99CHZ0 99CHZ001 are the ones i wanted updated the tailgate is not an issue. thanks

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey guys my truck went in for service recalls and my big concern was the fuel gauge fix, can someone confirm that with the software updates this will get fixed, 99CHZ, 99CHZ0 99CHZ001 are the ones i wanted updated the tailgate is not an issue. thanks

Nothing yet... I have a friend in the "business' and his RAM dealer servicemen are not aware of any update being provided now or anytime in the future despite rumors to the contrary.
Unfortunately it seems we're stuck with the snafu...
I hope someone can prove otherwise, cause it really sucks driving interstate not knowing actual capacity when carrying a heavy cargo.

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've read and experienced, the U05 auto park recall also re-calibrates the gauge and fixes the 32 gallon issue. At least it did for me.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From what I've read and experienced, the U05 auto park recall also re-calibrates the gauge and fixes the 32 gallon issue. At least it did for me.

Just checked and I had UO5 done last October...Time to run the tank low and see if It upgraded.
Thank you for the info.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, presumably the tech knows or it checks your build to see that you have the 32 and then corrects it? If so I see wish they had said someting.s I DID the autopark recall.... well.... THEY did, lol. But didn't mention anything else so I'm driving assuming I have loads of miles after the light comes on. Smh. I need to confirm either way . I'd prefer not to run dry.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Have experienced any issues with the updated program ? Thanks

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I find RAM to be absolutely TERRIBLE at communicating what the updates are actually doing!!! I had the U05 update done a few months ago when my truck was in for an oil change. I didn’t even know it needed an update/recall. The service sheet just said “Performed U05 update” with a 5 word description of something 9can’t recall what it was). Anyway, literally when I got home I accidentally left the shifter in D and I opened the door talking to my father in law in driveway. He distracted me and I ended up getting out for a second. Hi Mercedes was parked and also running right in front of my truck, and we talked for a second and he took off, I got back in truck and saw the display lit up “AUTOPARK” or something to that affect. I looked down and saw I left the shifter in D! I couldn’t believe it, the truck would have rolled into the Mercedes!! I didn’t know the truck had a “autopark” thingy, I went in the house and researched and found the U05 update just added it.... ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY I had just pulled in the driveway from getting the update done when this occurred!!

I understand why they did this update/add on. This was not the first time this happened to me, although the other times I realized what was going on and jumped back in and slammed on the brake before I hit anything. But this is definitely a danger with these knob shifters.

Anyway, I really wish RAM would be more forthcoming with WHAT is in these updates both before hand, and after!!! Pretty ridiculous I have to get my info from the Internet forum!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have experienced any issues with the updated program ? Thanks
Mine was updated as part of the U05. Ran it as low as I dared and the fuel was around 30km to empty according to the screen and it took 116l to fill it so just shy of 30 gallons so I'd say it's working well now. Prior to the update it would take less than 100l to fill from the same indication.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
U05 did not correct my fuel gauge for the 32 gallon tank even though the service writer claimed it would. No big deal, I’ve come to accept the fact that I have extra fuel when showing empty. At least I’ll never run out of gas.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find RAM to be absolutely TERRIBLE at communicating what the updates are actually doing!!! I had the U05 update done a few months ago when my truck was in for an oil change. I didn’t even know it needed an update/recall. The service sheet just said “Performed U05 update” with a 5 word description of something 9can’t recall what it was). Anyway, literally when I got home I accidentally left the shifter in D and I opened the door talking to my father in law in driveway. He distracted me and I ended up getting out for a second. Hi Mercedes was parked and also running right in front of my truck, and we talked for a second and he took off, I got back in truck and saw the display lit up “AUTOPARK” or something to that affect. I looked down and saw I left the shifter in D! I couldn’t believe it, the truck would have rolled into the Mercedes!! I didn’t know the truck had a “autopark” thingy, I went in the house and researched and found the U05 update just added it.... ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY I had just pulled in the driveway from getting the update done when this occurred!!

I understand why they did this update/add on. This was not the first time this happened to me, although the other times I realized what was going on and jumped back in and slammed on the brake before I hit anything. But this is definitely a danger with these knob shifters.

Anyway, I really wish RAM would be more forthcoming with WHAT is in these updates both before hand, and after!!! Pretty ridiculous I have to get my info from the Internet forum!

The dealership should have explained to you what does this update means before they handed out your key.

Unfortunately dealership are often just about our money and just don’t care for customer service etc...

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
My Dealership, or I should say “My OLD dealership I am no longer dealing with”, was Smithaven Chrysler/JeepDodge/RAM. There service dept is absolutely HORRIBLE. 3 different times I brought my truck in for warranty work (I have the bumper to bumper extended Chrysler MAX CARE warranty $3,700), and 3 times they said “it is not covered”. Only to get home, call Chrystler myself and find that it IS COVERED, and worse, they had NOT received a call from the dealership inquiring about it (nothing in there notes which they would have documented). So they never even called to find out if it was a warranty item or not. After this last time, when they did the U05 update, I have not gone back there, and never will again.

And no, they handed me my receipt for oil change, keys, and that was it. I didn’t even know they did an update (and they did 3 updates!) until I got home and read the service papers....

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Dealership, or I should say “My OLD dealership I am no longer dealing with”, was Smithaven Chrysler/JeepDodge/RAM. There service dept is absolutely HORRIBLE. 3 different times I brought my truck in for warranty work (I have the bumper to bumper extended Chrysler MAX CARE warranty $3,700), and 3 times they said “it is not covered”. Only to get home, call Chrystler myself and find that it IS COVERED, and worse, they had NOT received a call from the dealership inquiring about it (nothing in there notes which they would have documented). So they never even called to find out if it was a warranty item or not. After this last time, when they did the U05 update, I have not gone back there, and never will again.

And no, they handed me my receipt for oil change, keys, and that was it. I didn’t even know they did an update (and they did 3 updates!) until I got home and read the service papers....

Thanks for sharing your experience and the dealer name, it doesn't get done nearly enough!

I have a 32 gallon tank and it's always read accurately, but I believe it did have the autopark update done prior to my purchasing it.

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The U05 update adjusted my 32gal tank reading. Prior to the update, if I let the low fuel indicator come on, it still had about 6gal left.

Now when that light comes on I have about 3gal left.

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
U05 did not correct my fuel gauge for the 32 gallon tank even though the service writer claimed it would. No big deal, I’ve come to accept the fact that I have extra fuel when showing empty. At least I’ll never run out of gas.
This. I actually like having that 6 gallon cushion.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
This. I actually like having that 6 gallon cushion.

My old F150 had about a 6 gallon cushion, which I got very used to. Kinda wish the Ram did as well. When it comes on I gas up pretty quick now.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
UPDATE:

I can confirm after three fill ups, (at least in my truck) the UO5 update resolved the remaining mileage display issue.
This is to my benefit as I do a lot of interstate travel where accurate fuel remaining readouts help me with my timed stops.