Forbidden chocolate or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is this the forbidden chocolate? Oil mixed with coolant? Or is this the dye that they might of added to find the oil leak?

There is no oil in the coolant reservoir so that’s the confusing part.

Attachments

• A2D5519B-CF32-409E-A690-A0D540615F9B.jpeg
    A2D5519B-CF32-409E-A690-A0D540615F9B.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
after my cam lifter change, a few weeks I checked the holding tank was low, I figured they just didnt burp it enogh, never over heats BUT I am keeping a eye on it, oil ;looks good and no leaks on ground.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
after my cam lifter change, a few weeks I checked the holding tank was low, I figured they just didnt burp it enogh, never over heats BUT I am keeping a eye on it, oil ;looks good and no leaks on ground.
I have an oil leak someone on the passenger side, and I have a funny feeling it’s coming from the head cause they double checked the valve covers they’re fine. And then this tops it off with the yahoo oil. But my coolant is nicely pink not mixed with oil. This is just my oil that’s the issue

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When I did the head gaskets on my '02 1500 4.7L, I cleaned everything out the best I could with mineral spirits while I had it apart, and had several cheapie oil filters and enough of the cheapest oil I could get, so I could do several quick oil changes.

After I first fired it up, I let it get full hot, and let it run for about 45 minutes, then changed oil. Then did 2 changes at 100 miles each, just to be safe.

Before I did the gaskets, it looked like snot inside the valve covers.

One thing you can try after you've run this oil a bit, is to wait until the truck has sat for a day or so, then crack the oil drain plug loose, but DO NOT remove it. Loosen it just enough that it starts to drip. Watch the drip. If there is any coolant in the crank case, you will see it very quick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I did the head gaskets on my '02 1500 4.7L, I cleaned everything out the best I could with mineral spirits while I had it apart, and had several cheapie oil filters and enough of the cheapest oil I could get, so I could do several quick oil changes.

After I first fired it up, I let it get full hot, and let it run for about 45 minutes, then changed oil. Then did 2 changes at 100 miles each, just to be safe.

Before I did the gaskets, it looked like snot inside the valve covers.

One thing you can try after you've run this oil a bit, is to wait until the truck has sat for a day or so, then crack the oil drain plug loose, but DO NOT remove it. Looen it just enough that it starts to drip. Watch the drip. If there is any coolant in the crank case, you will see it very quick.
I’ll do that, now I’ve driven about 500 miles with that oil. Is my engine still fine? Or is it toasted?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
make them flush the coolant as well as oil, run rmi 25 though the radiator once this is settled, it takes any slime in system and traps it in over flow you can wet vac it out.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would say let the shop that did the repair check it out since you didnt have the oil leaks before.

If oil is mixing with the coolant could be related to head gasket, etc. Another thing that would be on the shop, IMO, especially if that didn't happen before the repair.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s not good on the lower end at all , probably shortened its life several thousands of miles .