Ford is copying Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like Ford is in desperation mode as if they know Ram will be #1 seller in near future.

Kinda like Amazon putting a big dent in Walmart sales.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
My cousin told me that when he bought his first Ford it would be his last as when he took long trips he had to stop about every hour to get out as his **** would be killing him , the seats were like sitting on the cement and no comfort at all lol . He was always a chevy person but got a good deal on the Ford but no more for him next will be a Ram as he loved how mine drives and the comfort .

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My cousin told me that when he bought his first Ford it would be his last as when he took long trips he had to stop about every hour to get out as his **** would be killing him , the seats were like sitting on the cement and no comfort at all lol . He was always a chevy person but got a good deal on the Ford but no more for him next will be a Ram as he loved how mine drives and the comfort .

Yeah, RAMs definitely are the most comfortable truck on the road. My 2013 with the base model Diesel interior is extremely comfortable, the cloth seats are next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wally Greer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Lt
I have owned all of them and I say Ford for work , Ram for pleasure! Just me, sorry ! My 2015 1500 has 74K miles and I can assure all that it has been the most comfortable, trouble free 74K in my life. My Fords were never a pleasurable ride , but they never let me down either. To be copied is the highest form of praise there is! Now my Ford F600 was a POS , but lets not go there!

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are a couple of new items that interest me in the F150 . They have a new onboard power system with both 30 amp and 20 amp outlets. Plus new seats that lay flat for sleeping. Good for the rv /truck camping crowd.

Tom8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a couple of new items that interest me in the F150 . They have a new onboard power system with both 30 amp and 20 amp outlets. Plus new seats that lay flat for sleeping. Good for the rv /truck camping crowd.
It only output 2.7k watt, not enough to run my rv ac.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd have to disagree. No manufacturer is selling many beer can trucks to consumers. Plenty go to fleet sales. Just walk on a lot, very few XL's lots of XLT's, Limiteds, King Ranchs and Platinums. There's a reason. Dealers order what sells and not what sits.

I can drive through my subdivision of more than 400 houses and I can bet there is not one base model pickup of any brand. And there are a ton of pickups in my sub.

I own/buy pickups that are full of extras so that I can have two for one. I have a luxury vehicle for daily use and a pickup for my Home Depot /landscape store runs. Pretty sure I'm not alone...
I agree, practically all of the base trucks are sold as fleet vehicles-they dont want to spend on upgrades to make the worker so comfortable that they sit in leather, crank up the tunes an A/C and forget they are on the job. None of my buddies or anyone ones driveways have a base model that I see. They are mostly shiney, high trim models - and the truck makers make alot more off of them per unit. Hell, I have an older Bighorn and it looks way nicer than a base 2021 from any brand of truck.
I also agree with the OP that Ford is rounding out the front end corners (like the 3 and 4th gen Ram) I find Ram changed the front a bit to copy Toyota on the new Ram 5th gen.
I am also a 4th Gen Ram supporter. I need the crosshairs and overall body styling of that gen. I just want the new interior. LOLDSC00560.JPG

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ford copied the eTorque system. They now offer a lithium battery behind back seat just like Ram. The thing I noticed that impressed me was their a/c plug-in will run skill saws and pretty much anything you can plug into a house outlet. Ram will not run much of anything. Mine balked at a little electric saw I tried. Useless. Ram needs to step it up here.
I know, i have the power plug in my ram and I dont think it would power much more than a laptop. I guess thats why its right on the dash by the passenger seat. 150 watts? will it power a hair dryer? They should copy Ford in this case and put a decent powered inverter in the bed near the tailgate.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I love the iPad in the dash, it's one of the features that sold me on switching to a Ram, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one. :). That's also why the new Ford is copying it.

I get people like them. I just don't know why. What do you actually do with it?

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It only output 2.7k watt, not enough to run my rv ac.

Incorrect, there are three levels of output. Highest level on the hybrid is 7200 watt which is not only enough for the AC but the entire trailer.

Tom8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Incorrect, there are three levels of output. Highest level on the hybrid is 7200 watt which is not only enough for the AC but the entire trailer.
Great. How much is The hybrid? Sounds expensive.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

Cool does it run it off the battery or does it require the engine to be running to get 7200 watts? I am thinking it needs the engine. At 12 volts is would need 600 amps to make 7200 watts, 24 volts 300 amps and so on.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque Hemi
I get people like them. I just don't know why. What do you actually do with it?
The navigation screen makes it considerably better to view when full screen, for one thing. Or, you can have it half in half: half navigation and the other half open apps. I listen to a lot of business-related podcasts when traveling.

2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Tech-UConnect-1-12inch-il.jpg.image.1440.jpg Screen-Shot-2018-01-29-at-9.53.16-PM.png

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
My Honda Generator weighs 400 pounds. It's hardly handy to carry around. The onboard output plugs are a very useful tool if it has the right voltage. I pulled my truck up to a tree and tried to cut some limbs with a electric chainsaw. It barely moved the chain.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a photo of the new 2021 Ford F-150, look at the more rounded front and grill
similar to the Ram.

The large Ram sales are hurting Ford and GM. So what do you do, copy.....it seems.View attachment 213263
I don’t see it. The f150’s headlights do look like gmc’s. I do see how the new ram looks like a mashup between the gmc and tundra. The ram did copy the f150 with the panoramic sun roof and it’s automatic steps that lower when the door opens.

Tom8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also wonder how long can you run this at this output. Can you run it like a generator for an rv for several hours?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The navigation screen makes it considerably better to view when full screen, for one thing. Or, you can have it half in half: half navigation and the other half open apps. I listen to a lot of business-related podcasts when traveling.

I just use my cell phone for any of that. In car navigation is another thing I don't get in the day of cheap unlimited data cell phone plans and apps that keep track of traffic conditions, road closures, etc. as well as navigate.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It sounds handy, but I mean, if you really need 110v power mobile get a quiet generator.

Its just a bell and whistle.
Right, you wouldnt want your truck idling for hours on end--not a diesel and definatelly not a gasser.