Ford is copying Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Here is a photo of the new 2021 Ford F-150, look at the more rounded front and grill
similar to the Ram.

The large Ram sales are hurting Ford and GM. So what do you do, copy.....it seems.Ford F-150 2021.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Really not much different previous model. Just ditched the protrusions into the headlights that plenty complained about. They did step up the interior a bunch.

Looks like I'll continue with my swapping back and forth between Ford and Ram. I like them both and when I'm ready for something new, the Ram will be pretty much what I own already so Ford will get my next purchase.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Appears like the same tin can POS on the road already, only more over-engineered with a little additional comfort and luxury inside for just under 75 grand.

Still including base model rentals counted as part of their touted “class leading Sales”

Last edited:

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's funny how we change with age.

I've owned 5 Chevy trucks in a row and now a couple of Rams.
Ram has the better overall trucks for the money inside and out.

I think Ford makes a pretty good truck but then you gotta wake up every morning and look at it.

OP
OP
Kickboxer

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
As you can see, I am a newbie here, long time GM owner, both new Chev. and GMC pickups since
I just got my first Ram in Feb. when my GM dealer did not want to trade, was off in price. I went up the road and traded for a Ram, I have been well pleased for my first 5,000 miles.
I am a cash type buyer, no fooling around.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Here is a photo of the new 2021 Ford F-150, look at the more rounded front and grill
similar to the Ram.

The large Ram sales are hurting Ford and GM. So what do you do, copy.....it seems.View attachment 213263

It’s similar to RAM but the lights in front are a carbon copy of the GMC Sierra. They literally look identical. Just take a 2019 RAM, Give it a 2005 Silverado interior with an oversized laggy ****** radio and horrible aftermarket seats that make your ass wanna get up and leave and you got yourself the 2021 F-150, and put it in a rock tumbler for let’s say around 10-15 years to really make it look like the 2021 F-150.

All i can say is that the 4th gen 1500 will always be the best looking truck on the road; these ****** ******* could try copying it (and failing miserably) to bring up sales or whatever the **** they think they’re gonna do but it simply won’t work.

People will get into them with the hopes of them being “great” (i use that term loosely) only for them to break down on the side of the highway 5K miles in, and then to go on youtube to see some CERTAIN old man talk about how Ford is amazing, and that this NEVER happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
As you can see, I am a newbie here, long time GM owner, both new Chev. and GMC pickups since
I just got my first Ram in Feb. when my GM dealer did not want to trade, was off in price. I went up the road and traded for a Ram, I have been well pleased for my first 5,000 miles.
I am a cash type buyer, no fooling around.

My experience is a bit different, but noticable. The dealer I normally buy from is both Chevy and RAM. They made a great deal on Chevy, but the features of RAM bought me over.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I see a few design elements copied from Honda.

This looks like a Pilot with a bed.

The new F-150 looks like an Expedition with a bed.

I buy mine to work with. If it’s too pretty or too expensive, it won’t work.

F155CE7A-469E-41A0-BF2F-FD70E912B6E2.png

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Did you notice they also offer a full hybrid option as well as a 2.7kw generator with 120v/208vac outlets in the bed. They threw everything at it but the kitchen sink.

M² Mods.

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm a Ford guy, and first time ram owner.

Here's my take on the 2021 f150:

They didn't change the body enough, they threw bells and whistles at it, and now the base price is 30k. This might end up being a very good truck, and will likely be very popular as yearly sales always prove.....but.....they didn't do enough, and they're going to lose market share.

Reminds me of the restaurant biz. They're always looking for bells and whistles and never focus on absolutely nailing the basics.

All the brands are guilty of it.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
The grill and headlights are new everything else looks the same. The interior is a step up but not up to Ram level.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
The grill and headlights are new everything else looks the same. The interior is a step up but not up to Ram level.
Ford spent a boatload of money in tooling for the aluminum body. So, it doesn't surprise me the door and bed carried over for the most part.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I'm a Ford guy, and first time ram owner.

Here's my take on the 2021 f150:

They didn't change the body enough, they threw bells and whistles at it, and now the base price is 30k. This might end up being a very good truck, and will likely be very popular as yearly sales always prove.....but.....they didn't do enough, and they're going to lose market share.

Reminds me of the restaurant biz. They're always looking for bells and whistles and never focus on absolutely nailing the basics.

All the brands are guilty of it.

I think you nailed it. If you focus on the upgrades and top line trim levels while ignoring the basic staples of the product, you’ve failed.

The average truck buyer is looking for a truck, not a Cadillac with a bed. Now wanting just over $30k for a base model is ridiculous if not insulting.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I think you nailed it. If you focus on the upgrades and top line trim levels while ignoring the basic staples of the product, you’ve failed.

The average truck buyer is looking for a truck, not a Cadillac with a bed. Now wanting just over $30k for a base model is ridiculous if not insulting.

I'd have to disagree. No manufacturer is selling many beer can trucks to consumers. Plenty go to fleet sales. Just walk on a lot, very few XL's lots of XLT's, Limiteds, King Ranchs and Platinums. There's a reason. Dealers order what sells and not what sits.

I can drive through my subdivision of more than 400 houses and I can bet there is not one base model pickup of any brand. And there are a ton of pickups in my sub.

I own/buy pickups that are full of extras so that I can have two for one. I have a luxury vehicle for daily use and a pickup for my Home Depot /landscape store runs. Pretty sure I'm not alone...

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There's a reason. Dealers order what sells and not what sits.

I had to search more than half the provinces dealers to find a gas 1 ton Tradesman. Add one that didn’t have $4000+ of options... it took time and a drive to the booming redneck town of Innisfail.

The simplicity of cleaning rubber floors and vinyl seats! No iPad screen and tech that I won’t use.

It’s your money, give as much as you want to Ram.