Found this pretty funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I was peddling through Instagram and there was a custom offsets infomercial saying “is rough country that bad?”
They were saying it’s great we’ve been selling them. Once a person says they had problems look at their response
31ABE8BA-DBD0-4399-95A9-29A88A82BD2F.png

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Custom Offsets is a fawken joke now seriously ... don't guys are buying everything and just stocking it away in their warehouse, they are marking everything up by a ridiculous amount and then you order something only for them to tell you that you have to wait up to 16 weeks to get your order lol...bs .. they are making money off of sales they have no intention on sending out right away and just sitting on that money for their personal use ....

I wouldn't buy $hit from those guys ever ....

And about them being all about Rough Country, they made a video when they first came out and completely bashed the hell out of Rough Country, I am sure RC hit them up and threatned with defamation of character like they did to Ryan Mayer the youtube after he bashed their spacers and lift kits lol ...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my rims from them because I couldn’t get these specific ones from anywhere else at a reasonable price. And now I’m looking at swapping to 17s and 35x11.5s to save a few pounds. Already have the new set picked out.

Attachments

• 20473CE5-EEAD-416F-948F-378CCC7148CD.png
    20473CE5-EEAD-416F-948F-378CCC7148CD.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Bought my rims from them because I couldn’t get these specific ones from anywhere else at a reasonable price. And now I’m looking at swapping to 17s and 35x11.5s to save a few pounds.
I was going to order my wheel and tires form them, but they wanted almost $2k more than what I got them for from the shop I got my truck lifted at lol ... for my wheels they wanted $1800 at one point, then they went down to $1500 ... I got them directly from RBP for $800... my 37" Grapplers tires I got for $1600 they wanted $2800 ! lol ... are you kidding me ...and this was over 2 years ago now ...

For the lift kit they wanted $2400 for a 6" RC lift kit with their shocks, if I wanted to upgrade to fox shocks they wanted $3000 lol ... I got the 7" Maxtrac with fox shocks all around for $1370 ...

Fawken joke they are lol ... on top of all that , they wanted me to wait the 16 weeks (min.) and up to 32 weeks for delivery and the delivery charges where insane , I believe that was another $1600 to deliver lol ....**** !
20220127_101821[1].jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Bought my rims from them because I couldn’t get these specific ones from anywhere else at a reasonable price. And now I’m looking at swapping to 17s and 35x11.5s to save a few pounds. Already have the new set picked out.
image.jpgThat’s close to the one I have hanging on my wall LOL

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 483987That’s close to the one I have hanging on my wall LOL
703 in matte black. May end up with a 35/12.5 but want to keep Tire weight down which is why I’m wanting to switch to 17s in the first place. My 305/70r18 Mickey Thompson atz p3 weigh 71lbs and the 18x9 -12 Mickey Thompson a weigh 71lbs. If I stick with my 18s and get 285/75 cooper discoverer at3 xlt they weigh 59lbs. so 12 lbs less which would be 90lbs. The methods weigh 28lbs and the 35/11.5 toyo at3 weigh 63lbs so 91lbs.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
703 in matte black. May end up with a 35/12.5 but want to keep Tire weight down which is why I’m wanting to switch to 17s in the first place. My 305/70r18 Mickey Thompson atz p3 weigh 71lbs and the 18x9 -12 Mickey Thompson a weigh 71lbs. If I stick with my 18s and get 285/75 cooper discoverer at3 xlt they weigh 59lbs. so 12 lbs less which would be 90lbs. The methods weigh 28lbs and the 35/11.5 toyo at3 weigh 63lbs so 91lbs.
They are definitely light wheels

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just love that custom offsets is all about rough junkry then admit they recommend throwing them in the trash and going to bds LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I just love that custom offsets is all about rough junkry then admit they recommend throwing them in the trash and going to bds LOL
Oh dude, they are so hypocritical about a lot of stuff seriously, their videos suck now that Fuller left them and for good reasons, he must of saw the bs that Shawn is all about honestly ....

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Oh dude, they are so hypocritical about a lot of stuff seriously, their videos suck now that Fuller left them and for good reasons, he must of saw the bs that Shawn is all about honestly ....
I get it. ITs a money thing. I don’t have any respect for any installer that would install rough country. My other business is home automation their are plenty of okie doke companies out their installing garbage because the margins are higher.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I get it. ITs a money thing. I don’t have any respect for any installer that would install rough country. My other business is home automation their are plenty of okie doke companies out their installing garbage because the margins are higher.
That is exactly what it is, they are getting all this RC crap at wholesale and marking it all up to sell to everyone and then you have to wait weeks even months to receive the crap lol ...

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That is exactly what it is, they are getting all this RC crap at wholesale and marking it all up to sell to everyone and then you have to wait weeks even months to receive the crap lol ...
Then is jacks the truck up in more ways than one and they bounce around to shops wondering why saving a few dollars is costing so much money LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Then is jacks the truck up in more ways than one and they bounce around to shops wondering why saving a few dollars is costing so much money LOL
Custom Offsets just released a new video saying how prices on Fuel wheels are going up and really all wheels are going up but not because of any shortage but because people are just price gouging everything ... complete bs but oh well, that's why they won't be getting my money ever ! lol ...

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Custom Offsets just released a new video saying how prices on Fuel wheels are going up and really all wheels are going up but not because of any shortage but because people are just price gouging everything ... complete bs but oh well, that's why they won't be getting my money ever ! lol ...
Tire prices have been going up about 8% a month since last summer. Everything is going up between now and March not just wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
All the shops around here posted the price increase well before the elections ... this has nothing to do with "Brandon" lol ... have to disagree with you on this one lol
LOL

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I install RC and they aren't bad for a show or pavement princess. I did the math once and if you start out with a RC lift and buy BDS components to make it better its cheaper then buying the bds kit on a 2500. But that was 3 years ago. I do recommend to my customers any other lift, like BDS, but most people don't want to spend $4,000 on a lift.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I install RC and they aren't bad for a show or pavement princess. I did the math once and if you start out with a RC lift and buy BDS components to make it better its cheaper then buying the bds kit on a 2500. But that was 3 years ago. I do recommend to my customers any other lift, like BDS, but most people don't want to spend $4,000 on a lift.
that’s why BDS offers Zone

What are your thoughts on custom offsets response?