Fourth generation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champ1414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fourth generation I have a 2018 dodge ram hemi experiencing some tire rim shaking from changing tire sizes to speeds of 65 miles an hour or greater when traveling the speed is 65 miles an hour the truck shakes shakes cheeks will increase speed to 75 to 80 miles an hour truck shakes even more when decelerating down to 66 miles an hour the truck constantly shakes shakes this is the second set of tires on changing from 295/55R 20 down to 275/60R20 still Experiencing shaking

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So are you running the same rims with each set of tires? Did you have the them road forced balanced?

BTW, does the truck have a lift? If so what kind of setup are you running? Did you run spacers for the 295/55?

Provide as much information as you can and I'm sure others will chime in to help.

OP
OP
C

Champ1414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes same rims with each set of tires. I am new at this what is road force balanced I’m not sure if the dealership did that. But I’m going to see them tomorrow and ask questions

OP
OP
C

Champ1414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is driving me crazy what the heck just purchased a truck a month ago dealer advise me too go with aggressive tires nice rim from day one after that shaking problems so the dealer suggest let’s swap out the aggressive tires for less aggressive tire and I did that and I’m still shaking but now the faster I go the more shaking I experience throughout the truck but a cruising speed it’s 66 mph I am shaking shaking shaking I’m going back tomorrow Wednesday to discuss this with the dealership or someone gave me advice maybe I should go somewhere else and try they have the tires speed balance or road force balanced That I know nothing now but I’m willing to try anything to relieve my truck from shaking so annoying

OP
OP
C

Champ1414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that information what is road force balanced. I’m definitely going to ask dealership tomorrow morning. Because I need serious help with this balancing issue so look like the noise level issue has been resolved new to me from a very aggressive tire noise level was a little too much for me so one thing work downsizing to a less aggressive tire. Help me with the noise level . But I still have the shaking shaking serious issue problem but I like three other truck owners drive and said yes you have a serious shaking problem and they all have trucks that has leveling kit with a lift with aggressive tires and do not experience any shaking something is going on with my 2018 ram hemi shaking I am going crazy

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were the rims already on the truck or you purchased them at the time you bought the truck? Perhaps you have a bent rim. Aftermarket lift and how long has it been on the truck?

I see you have another thread as well. Hopefully a mod can combine them.