Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfloyd1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which of these lifts are best for my 2018 ram 1500 big horn 4x4 for a 4 inch suspension lift I want to run 35’s but I’m trying to figure which lift is better as a daily driver, light off roading and medium at most. best in the long run, as well will put all of the angles in the best spots?

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which of these lifts are best for my 2018 ram 1500 big horn 4x4 for a 4 inch suspension lift I want to run 35’s but I’m trying to figure which lift is better as a daily driver, light off roading and medium at most. best in the long run, as well will put all of the angles in the best spots?

BDS is the best you can buy, never even heard of the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BDS offers a full 4" suspension kit that uses aftermarket hub knuckles, diff drop, arms relocation brackets etc etc to bring the whole chassis up while keeping your stock suspension geometry. To fill in the height gap they give you strut/shock spacers to add to your front and rear, or longer performance strut/shocks to accomplish the task. The performance option from BDS uses Fox 2.5 coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0 shocks in the rear, items are available from Fox for BDS so if you contact a BDS dealer they can set you up.
Icon/King doens't have lifts with bracket anything, they're performance suspension companies that offer Coilovers/shocks to cover any lift height you want for any application you want, for instance in our case with the RAM 1500 the have an option for 0-3" lift. if you need to go higher they can fabricate longer coilovers for the front and rear shocks or rear coilovers to meets your needs whether is mid travel or long travel arms or to accomodate those lifts with brackets.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BDS vs ICON and KING are apples and oranges. BDS is a lift kit that will perform better than stock on and off road but King and ICON are performance suspension that will outperform most other off the shelf setups on and off road. If you plan to do some serious off roading do a coil over kit and rear coils with shocks and dont bother with the lift kit

We dont offer BDS but we do offer King, Fox, Icon, Zone, etc.....and we can find something that would work for your driving habits and budget. message me for info and pricing.

OP
OP
J

jfloyd1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BDS offers a full 4" suspension kit that uses aftermarket hub knuckles, diff drop, arms relocation brackets etc etc to bring the whole chassis up while keeping your stock suspension geometry. To fill in the height gap they give you strut/shock spacers to add to your front and rear, or longer performance strut/shocks to accomplish the task. The performance option from BDS uses Fox 2.5 coilovers in the

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

You have a lot of reading to do or put your faith in Nick @Nick@GotExhaust he won’t steer your wrong. Although I highly suggest doing a lot of your own research first as there is a lot to learn. For example the BDS 4” kit can easily be converted to the 6” kit and vise versa. Zone and BDS are the same (BDS is higher end finishes and they include stainless brake lines etc.)
King and icon are on a different platform and not considered lift kits. Once you purchase a BDS or Zone lift kit you can order custom length kings or icons to get the best of both worlds, but that goes back to you needing to do your own research. “The Best” is very opinionated because there are multiple ways to achieve. That’s the same as asking what the best car is you’ll get answers like Rolls Royce, McLaren, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg etc. etc. etc. are any of them wrong?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
BDS all day. You can upgrade the struts and shocks life time warranty as well for all the parts.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
BDS all day. You can upgrade the struts and shocks life time warranty as well for all the parts.

BDS lifetime warranty covers the lift components but shocks and struts have a 1 year

OP
OP
J

jfloyd1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have a lot of reading to do or put your faith in Nick @Nick@GotExhaust he won’t steer your wrong. Although I highly suggest doing a lot of your own research first as there is a lot to learn. For example the BDS 4” kit can easily be converted to the 6” kit and vise versa. Zone and BDS are the same (BDS is higher end finishes and they include stainless brake lines etc.)
King and icon are on a different platform and not considered lift kits. Once you purchase a BDS or Zone lift kit you can order custom length kings or icons to get the best of both worlds, but that goes back to you needing to do your own research. “The Best” is very opinionated because there are multiple ways to achieve. That’s the same as asking what the best car is you’ll get answers like Rolls Royce, McLaren, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg etc. etc. etc. are any of them wrong?
I agree with what your saying I have been researching a LOT. I am really just trying to figure where my Money will be best for my life style. I do some towing the most I tow is my buddies jeep and trailers from time to time I’ve heard ICON is good with that. My original plan was to do BDS with the Fox shocks. A lot of people here in NC recommend them here. Not a lot know about ICON. I’ve heard about KINGS but I don’t know anyone personally with ICON or KINGS. I might just got with suspension and not a lift don’t really want blocks on top of the suspension unless fox has some way of providing me some way with getting 3-4 inch lift with just suspension alone without messing up the comfortability of the ride.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I agree with what your saying I have been researching a LOT. I am really just trying to figure where my Money will be best for my life style. I do some towing the most I tow is my buddies jeep and trailers from time to time I’ve heard ICON is good with that. My original plan was to do BDS with the Fox shocks. A lot of people here in NC recommend them here. Not a lot know about ICON. I’ve heard about KINGS but I don’t know anyone personally with ICON or KINGS. I might just got with suspension and not a lift don’t really want blocks on top of the suspension unless fox has some way of providing me some way with getting 3-4 inch lift with just suspension alone without messing up the comfortability of the ride.

You can do the BDS 6” coilover lift and turn the coilovers down to 4” when you’re building your kit BDS offers a 2”, 3”, and 5” rear coils. If you do the 2” or 3” you will have a lift with no spacers, the angles will all be good and you’ll have a really nice set up. Go to BDS website and you can build your kit right on their site.

OP
OP
J

jfloyd1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do the BDS 6” coilover lift and turn the coilovers down to 4” when you’re building your kit BDS offers a 2”, 3”, and 5” rear coils. If you do the 2” or 3” you will have a lift with no spacers, the angles will all be good and you’ll have a really nice set up. Go to BDS website and you can build your kit right on their site.
I didn’t even think about that I really appreciate it! But how are they when I’m towing or have some weight in the bed? I’ve heard the nose of the truck will point up a little when towing or hauling something heavy.