From Tundra to Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, just got a 2022 Ram Bighorn. I really loved my Tundra but the deal I did seemed to good to pass up. Had a year left to pay off Tundra at $625 a month but could use that extra money. After negotiating trade value I leased the Ram for $285 a month and got a check for $5000. I was also told I can extend the lease at the end for the same payment. I’ll keep it for 6 years at that payment if they let me. I loved the way the Tundra drove but the cheap interior and fuel economy were the weak points. The Ram is much more upscale inside plus remote start, heated seats and heated steering wheel are nice touches I didn’t have in the Tundra. now I can only hope the reliability matches the Tundra but that’s one reason I leased it. I look forward to learning more about this truck here. Have a good weekend all

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Welcome to the Forum.
Been driving Chrysler products, for over 40 years.
Just as reliable as anything else.

Never really been a fan of *** Cars.
Reliable? Sure, but small, noisy, rough riding, rust buckets.

Buddy, at work, had a Tundra, for 3 months. When it showed rust, he traded it off for a Ram and never looked back.

New Truck, 3 months, surface rust on rear fenders.
He was completely annoyed.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know what engine you got but fusl economy isn't rams strong suit. Good luck with the new truck and welcome aboard

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the 5.7. Had the 4.6 in the Tundra and fuel economy is horrible. That and the very cheap plastic looking interior Are the trucks two main drawbacks

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome, enjoy the new ride.

As an aside, half the payment for six times the duration is going to be a lot more $ in the long run. Not being critical, I’m prone to buy whatever I want and damn the cost. So I’m in no position to preach.
Actually I got enough money out of the deal to make the lease payments for close to the entire lease. After that I’ll be back at square one but I might be dead by then so screw it

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually I got enough money out of the deal to make the lease payments for close to the entire lease. After that I’ll be back at square one but I might be dead by then so screw it
U may like the truck so much, you buy out the lease and buy the truck. Only time will tell. My son leases, and I gave him my opinion on leases, but EACH to their own.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Congrats on your switch and welcome to the forum! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance, please reach out to us! We're available via direct messaging!

Callie
Ram Cares

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Got the 5.7. Had the 4.6 in the Tundra and fuel economy is horrible. That and the very cheap plastic looking interior Are the trucks two main drawbacks

Ram wins interiors vs anyone, hands down. Ride quality as well. Longevity is much more maintenance (and luck) dependent, though. Toyota is the official brand of Technicals for a reason. :D

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram wins interiors vs anyone, hands down. Ride quality as well. Longevity is much more maintenance (and luck) dependent, though. Toyota is the official brand of Technicals for a reason. :D
Looking forward to the first oil change. No skid plate to remove and a simple spin on filter

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome, enjoy the new ride.

As an aside, half the payment for six times the duration is going to be a lot more $ in the long run. Not being critical, I’m prone to buy whatever I want and damn the cost. So I’m in no position to preach.
I’m old and there’s no pockets on coffins

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a CDL so have to drive civilized. I’m also a stickler for doing maintenance. I’ve had good luck with everything

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the Forum.
Been driving Chrysler products, for over 40 years.
Just as reliable as anything else.

Never really been a fan of *** Cars.
Reliable? Sure, but small, noisy, rough riding, rust buckets.

Buddy, at work, had a Tundra, for 3 months. When it showed rust, he traded it off for a Ram and never looked back.

New Truck, 3 months, surface rust on rear fenders.
He was completely annoyed.
Maybe things are dif with trucks but have owned a lot of imports and would say most of the time they’re great but at 60k be ready for something to break,my audi included.Just couldn’t understand why timing belts and chains on Hondas Toyotas and now Audi are engineered that way,if mine gos it’s shovel time.

OP
OP
S

soobaroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe things are dif with trucks but have owned a lot of imports and would say most of the time they’re great but at 60k be ready for something to break,my audi included.Just couldn’t understand why timing belts and chains on Hondas Toyotas and now Audi are engineered that way,if mine gos it’s shovel time.
My Tundra was 4 years old and I expect it would be reliable for awhile but a new bumper to bumper warranty does give you piece of mind from expensive repairs

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My Tundra was 4 years old and I expect it would be reliable for awhile but a new bumper to bumper warranty does give you piece of mind from expensive repairs
so does an factory Extended Service Contract. Can find them, online, for $50 over cost.
Best thing about them is the rental allowance.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to the first oil change. No skid plate to remove and a simple spin on filter

Hold onto your enthusiasm, oil changes on the Ram can get ugly. I bought a oil filter relocation kit just to keep things clean and easy.