Front left tire chirp when I encounter a dip in the road at speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arbelius65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

I just bought my truck about 3 weeks ago. It has a 3" lift with a leveler spring in the rear. I jacked the front end completely off of the ground to check everything for tightness. No noticeable slop anywhere. The problem I am having is that when ever I hit a dip in the road at speed, the front left tire makes a skidding noise. Once as I go into the dip and once when I come out. I did notice that as we lifted the front end off of the ground, the front left tire towed inward about an inch. The right did not. I'm guessing that this is the culprit. I know that there is an alignment check/adjustment in its future but I'm wondering if you guys might have a heads up on if its going to be just an adjustment or part replacement? I'm trying to visualize what component could be pulling the tire inward as it gets lifted off the ground. Thanks20181119_081024.jpg

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd agree with an alignment as long as the linkages aren't shot.