Fuel tank replacement by dealer (sorry for the long post.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you read the wording in any vehicle's owner's manual or warranty booklet, for warranty work, replacement parts don't necessarily need to be new. They can be refurbished or remanufactured. Could this dealer prove this gouged up tank fits that criteria? I dunno.

I still hate this situation and wouldn't be happy about it, but some of the "I would demand this or that" suggestions above just aren't going to fly legally.

As one of my favourite sayings goes, you can **** in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As one of my favourite sayings goes, you can **** in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster.

For sure on that.

You have to try, but your depending on your methods, things could work out for you or not.

Michael Seitter

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tell the dealer you will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and file a small claims action. Then tell the dealer you will post this dealer's name and location on every forum you can find. I bet you a dollar to a dime you get a new tank. Sometimes it takes some bad on-line comments, including the dealer's own site, to get proper action. Good Luck.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer just replaced the tank in my 18 due to major fueling issues. Not as bad as the OPs tank, but they are definitely refurbishing used tanks. Is what it is, i was able to fuel up with the nozzle full open for the 1st time since this truck was new. Im happy it wont take 20-30 mins anymore to fill up

20210217_160824.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see even on the last pix posted, the paper sticker is already falling off

I would think that the Tech that claims to have dragged the new tank some distance, would have at least used some sandpaper & some of that can of black spray paint to hide their laziness or deception

OP
OP
JLEONARD

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So here we are again. Going back to have the "new" tank they installed last year replaced again for the same problem; wont take fuel. Wouldn't a replacement part be revised as to not create the same problem? Anyway, I have an appt for the end of the month.

OP
OP
JLEONARD

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
UPDATE:
Big AHA gotcha moment while having my tank replaced again. Service manager still denies they put a used tank in last year but, while I'm talking to him, the tech comes in with the part # on the tank he took out. The new one today was a C-series that would replace the C-series they put in last year. Tech reads off a B-series tank right in front of me. The SM's face was priceless as I said "interesting isn't it" with a big grin on my face. He took the hint and shrugged his shoulders. Double checked under the truck too. I got a new one this time.
No more dealer work. I'm outta warranty.