Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolafishr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
What kind of gas mileage are you Guys seeing with the new 2019 Rebel Models? I am going to look at one with the Rebel 12 package, I like the way the truck is equipped and may pull the trigger on it. It has the 5.7 Hemi without the E-Torque and 3.92 gears.

MidTnRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know about 19's but it totally depends on the type of roads/traffic. I have an 18 with same engine/gears. I live in a rural area, 10 miles from town and get 17.5-18. If I spend any time in the city with traffic lights. I get 15. I drive very conservatively all the time. Hope that helps. I have 13,000 miles on mine as I bought the 18 in September after 19's were out to save some cash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MidTnRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know about 19's but it totally depends on the type of roads/traffic. I have an 18 with same engine/gears. I live in a rural area, 10 miles from town and get 17.5-18. If I spend any time in the city with traffic lights. I get 15. I drive very conservatively all the time. Hope that helps. I have 13,000 miles on mine as I bought the 18 in September after 19's were out to save some cash.

By the way I absolutely love the truck. But from reading these forums if you live in area where it stays below freezing in the winter opt out of the air suspension. It seems to be biggest problem with the truck. In middle Tennessee I haven't had any problems.

OP
OP
N

nolafishr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Good to hear, the one I am looking at does not have the air suspension or a sunroof, I do not need those things. The gas mileage sounds decent for a Truck like this.

R

Rogues Gambit

12-13ish, but I have a lead foot and don't drive like a clover

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
By the way I absolutely love the truck. But from reading these forums if you live in area where it stays below freezing in the winter opt out of the air suspension. It seems to be biggest problem with the truck. In middle Tennessee I haven't had any problems.

I have the 4-corner air suspension and it's my second truck that has it. The previous truck was a '17 Longhorn and it went through two New England winters without so much as a hiccup. I'm too old to put a lift on a truck, so the air suspension covers all the bases (and heights).

85PRProspector

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 19 with air suspension, when I drive I tend to get about 14mpg, on longer trips, especially when the wife drives it'll get 16.5

MidTnRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the 4-corner air suspension and it's my second truck that has it. The previous truck was a '17 Longhorn and it went through two New England winters without so much as a hiccup. I'm too old to put a lift on a truck, so the air suspension covers all the bases (and heights).
I agree, I love my Air Suspension. But the amount of problems other people are having would cause me to opt out if I knew before I bought.

R

Rogues Gambit

Still don't get why we're talking MPG's when it comes to our trucks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Still don't get why we're talking MPG's when it comes to our trucks
yeah I wonder too, especially since you don't see any EcoDiesel owners chiming in...I guess we just don't want to make you gassers feel bad...lol

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
yeah I wonder too, especially since you don't see any EcoDiesel owners chiming in...I guess we just don't want to make you gassers feel bad...lol

Well he did specify the 2019 5.7, but I can chime in with my mpg if you want :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The OP asked about the '19 Rebel and there's no diesel option for that.

I just got out of the diesel game after 11 years. I have no interest in all the emissions stuff with them now and pre-DEF trucks are too old to start over with another one so I went back to spark plugs.

I do agree with crash68...if you want a truck you get the truck you want. I understand the OP wanting to know what he can expect from that model but if MPG is a driving factor then maybe a truck isn't it unless you look at a stripped down model (Tradesman/Express).

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Well he did specify the 2019 5.7, but I can chime in with my mpg if you want :D
His question usually gets asked in a lot of the "What MPGs are you getting?" threads. If your really concerned about fuel economy, why would you buy a truck, Hemi, lower gearing, etc. My biggest thing when buying my truck is it didn't have spark plugs, the stellar fuel economy was a bonus.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Right out of the gate, according to the display, I'm getting 14.3. I haven't even filled it up the second time to check to see if a manual calculation differs. 5.7 Etq with 3.92 rear.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
His question usually gets asked in a lot of the "What MPGs are you getting?" threads. If your really concerned about fuel economy, why would you buy a truck, Hemi, lower gearing, etc. My biggest thing when buying my truck is it didn't have spark plugs, the stellar fuel economy was a bonus.

He’s probably just asking for a general benchmark to compare against, cause everybody knows the numbers posted on the lot are baloney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanAmMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my Rebel about 3 weeks and have 2200 miles. getting about 15.7 around town and about 17 on a short trip a couple of weeks ago. If I was worried about mileage I would drive something like this!!
smart car.jpg

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Odometer showing just over 300 miles and the gas mileage indicator showing 14.8. Since that's an average, the gas mileage has improved quite a bit in a very short time. I still don't need gas yet, but I'll chime in with the manual calculation as soon as I fill up again.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
OK,
I went on a short trip, both highway and country roads. Gassed up and calculated the mpg: 16. For a truck with 400 miles on it, I'm very pleased. The cruise control is phenomenal. 8HP75 trans/3.92 rear, 5.7 hemi: I set it on 65 on a hilly interstate and it sat on 65 for miles and miles. I finally hit a spot where the road transitions from downhill-to-flat-to-uphill in just a few feet and the speedometer showed 64 and then right back to 65. On a very long and steep downhill, it got to 66, but then it downshifted a couple gears and got itself back to 65. It's the absolute best cruise control I've ever had.