Gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My truck doesn't have a gas pedal
:-D

jaked1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone have a problem with keeping their foot on the gas pedal?

I don’t think I have ever been on a trip in my dad’s Ram that his foot didn’t slide off the gas pedal lol. It’s only ever happened to me once in my Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lucy Girl

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My foot slips off when I go to pass someone and I just sit there. Actually if I wear the wrong shoes it slips off all the time. My wife just hates it. Lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is it a Flintstone truck? Shoes are expensive these days. Lol

Only time there is gas in my truck is when I go-to the gas station with the 5 gallon container to fill lawn mower.
It's a diesel and mine has an accelerator pedal :-D

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I have had that issue, but is when seat is too far forward, since you have to tilt foot to push. To fix that, Move seat back and adjust wheel, never had issue unless wife doesn't put seat back in right position.

OP
OP
Lucy Girl

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have had that issue, but is when seat is too far forward, since you have to tilt foot to push. To fix that, Move seat back and adjust wheel, never had issue unless wife doesn't put seat back in right position.
Thanks I will try that.

OP
OP
Lucy Girl

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Never would have thought of that but it works great and thanks for the great information. Love my gas pedal now. Lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am having a issue with my gas pedal :O When I touch the gas I keep hearing a squealing sound for a couple seconds :O And that is with my V6 and worse when I drive a Hemi :O I wonder if that is common lol

rubberbaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the weathertech mats have their edge right beside the pedal and it sticks out a bit, especially when they were new and stiffer. With work boots on I'd sometimes try to press the mat instead of the pedal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I found the weathertech mats have their edge right beside the pedal and it sticks out a bit, especially when they were new and stiffer. With work boots on I'd sometimes try to press the mat instead of the pedal.

When I was doing the Auto Auction's I had many Weather tech Mats with folded edges that could interfere with the pedals ! That is 1 reason why I will not do those mats ! But that is me !

rubberbaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was doing the Auto Auction's I had many Weather tech Mats with folded edges that could interfere with the pedals ! That is 1 reason why I will not do those mats ! But that is me !
I can see them being an issue if installed improperly of if they were warped from storage somehow, they come up beside the pedal in my Charger also. But as long as they're in right they haven't been an issue safety wise. rather have them there to catch the muck from winter