Gets a little squirrely @ 112 mph...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What would be funny is somebody believing these trucks could run with NASCAR....

Whats funny is people who go on the forums throughout the day just to belittle others. You've not contributed anything to this thread except for insults.
I think everybody except for you understood it was simply nothing more than figure of speech. I dont take kindly to insults teacher! You should know better.

Last edited:

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I run a *******'s tonneau cover with the speedster wing option, it's not a huge thing like a Daytona or SRT10 but it does make a difference at speed, it's just attached to a heavy fiberglass cover which is a downside.[/QUOTE]

Id love to see picks of that cover. Whats your opinion on it so far? Ive been thinking about an SRT10 spoiler but i"m not sure how it would look on a QC with a six inch lift on it. This would flow much better i bet.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Whats funny is people who go on the forums throughout the day just to belittle others. You've not contributed anything to this thread except for insults.
I think everybody except for you understood it was simply nothing but figure of speech. I dont take kindly to insults teacher! You should know better.
You dont take kindly to tongue in cheek comments either do you? If you are insulted because I joked about a joke you need to relax a bit and step away from the keyboard for a bit.
What this forum needs is a sarcasm font.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
And your still butthurt because i called you on misquoting other members and your going to come here an lecture me?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't believe that was me misquoting. you should probably look back at that. Temper temper now teacher. sad really. LOL!
Oh, joking aside, i looked at that web sight but doesn't really get me any closer to making a decision. Id like to see some more pics, and hear how satisfied everybody is with these before im going to drop that much coin. I cant believe the price of these things!!!

Last edited:

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope you realize what will happen if you need to make an emergency stop at that speed. The brakes are bad enough stock. Just please make sure nobody else is around when you do this.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't believe that was me misquoting. you should probably look back at that. Temper temper now teacher. sad really. LOL!
Oh, joking aside, i looked at that web sight but doesn't really get me any closer to making a decision. Id like to see some more pics, and hear how satisfied everybody is with these before im going to drop that much coin. I cant believe the price of these things!!!
You are correct! My bad about the butthurt comment. I apologize.
And I couldn't really navigate that page very well on my phone.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hope you realize what will happen if you need to make an emergency stop at that speed. The brakes are bad enough stock. Just please make sure nobody else is around when you do this.
Good point. That being said, i dont drive like an idiot, and have never been one to be rough on brakes, but ive warped my front rotors twice already in one year. Ive been looking at a nice cross drilled rotor and pad kit on Rockauto for our trucks. Should be a good upgrade for normal driving conditions and isnt to badly priced.

Last edited:

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran my other 13 Ram CC 4x4 up past 100 it started feeling a little off at about 110 and also as stated the big downside was having to stop for the exit coming up since I wasn't paying attention to the sign I was watching the road. I got my Express to 115 and it was a lot better. Of corse that was before the lift and tires. Now I keep it to 80 because it takes too long to stop and not sure MT's are good for much more than that. It is a trade off though as I learned when I built the 98 Trans Am I have. Rode good stock but handling wasn't great. So drop springs, kyb adj shocks and struts, oversized sway bars front and back along with a adj pan hard bar and rear arms. It was night and day difference I could go through the state forest outside out houston at triple digit speeds without a bother and the freeway ramps were fun. But I had trouble getting over big speed bumps with my long tubes and driveways with too much angle were even worse plus it was a pretty harsh ride even with the shocks set for comfort. I ended up going back to stock spring and keeping the rest. Swapping in softer shocks and struts next. The ride in town was just too rough on me and the car. Broke a few strut mounts. Trucks are the same I have had lowered and lifted ones and lowered handles nice but rides rough and my lifted on now actually rides close to stock the MT's are the only thing that actually make it a little tougher but nothing that noticeable.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Never ruin a good apology with a bad excuse :signs8:

I was referring to navigating the tonneau cover website not the forum.
The apology has no excuse.
The not being able to post a picture of the speedster cover has an excuse.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Id love to see picks of that cover. Whats your opinion on it so far? Ive been thinking about an SRT10 spoiler but i"m not sure how it would look on a QC with a six inch lift on it. This would flow much better i bet.

I can't see or post any pics from my work camp, but have a look through my build log, I believe I have a few pics of it in there somewhere.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/charonblk07s_build_thread-39221/

there also might be some in this thread

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/gaylords_speedsturr_bed_cover-53162/

markyfly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good point. That being said, i dont drive like an idiot, and have never been one to be rough on brakes, but ive warped my front rotors twice already in one year. Ive been looking at a nice cross drilled rotor and pad kit on Rockauto for our trucks. Should be a good upgrade for normal driving conditions and isnt to badly priced.

Never been rough on the brakes, yet warped two sets in a year??

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

I'm not impressed with the factory rotors; 2 months of owning my truck I was already changing to a set of EBC sport rotors because of the uneven wear on the factory rotors, all it had at that time was a tune.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ +1. I put the EBC rotors and pads on after only 3,000 miles on the stock ones.

Recently, I had to hit the brakes really hard at 110 mph. The EBCs grabbed really strong, I don't think the stock brakes could have handled it...

Attachments

• 71YoZuK+PPL__SL1500_.jpg
    71YoZuK+PPL__SL1500_.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 24

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

The brakes heat up quite easily. Seemed both times i noticed it after hitting a descent sized cold water puddle. The puddles are hard to avoid here in N.E Ohio.

Green Mamba, just went through your build thread. Much respect my friend. You know your stuff, and it looks great.

David Ram, im going to have to look into those rotors. Hows the wear on them so far? Im sure the have the esthetic category taken care of as well.

Last edited:

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brakes smell when I get home sometimes. I plan to do a rotor and pad swap like I did on my 09 it helped. I do wish I would have fitted the front Brembo's from my 09 Cobalt SS onto this before I sold it. Those dam things almost put me into the windshield at full braking thanks to the seat belt locking it was all good. Wish I could afford a similar setup for my Ram.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My brakes smell when I get home sometimes. I plan to do a rotor and pad swap like I did on my 09 it helped. I do wish I would have fitted the front Brembo's from my 09 Cobalt SS onto this before I sold it. Those dam things almost put me into the windshield at full braking thanks to the seat belt locking it was all good. Wish I could afford a similar setup for my Ram.

Cobalt weighs like 2000lbs..lol
Those calipers wouldn't have worked anyways. Calipers are way too small

I put some Wagner Thermo quiets pads and drilled/slotted rotors on mine plus flushed the fluid and it feels great now

20140511_110500.jpg

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The brakes heat up quite easily. Seemed both times i noticed it after hitting a descent sized cold water puddle. The puddles are hard to avoid here in N.E Ohio.

Green Mamba, just went through your build thread. Much respect my friend. You know your stuff, and it looks great.

David Ram, im going to have to look into those rotors. Hows the wear on them so far? Im sure the have the esthetic category taken care of as well.

It's only been 5k miles, but there is hardly any sign of wear at all. They look great on the truck, too. :) Very minimal brake dust from the Greenstuff pads, too.

I got them from Moes --> Brakes