Getting There

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I was having issues with my backup camera flickering on the screen and at times no picture at all. Then I was out fishing a month back and it was -37 outside and when I started my truck I guess I had my stereo too loud and the sub was frozen and busted with the first hit of bass. I came to figure out that it was probabily my camera on the tailgate that was the issue but it would only really act up do to the extreme cold.

So due to no free time either on my part or no available appoitments at the dealership I finally got it in today when it was a warm 33 outside. After 4 hours they called and said yep my sub was blown and they will order a brand new box and enclosure for me. Then they said they could not find a issue with my back up camera and they tried it over 20 times and it worked every time. So I was thinking that great they are going to do nothing for it and say bring it back when it is not working. Nope they said due to it working there they are not able to see the problem so they are ordering all new head unit, camera, and connector. I guess because they don't know what part is bad they are replacing everything. I am very happy that I am getting the great service and my dealership rocks.

It's a good day.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The lamin-x does not look dark at all and the loss of light is slim to none. Thanks for the picture and allowing me to see sexy again. :)

With HIDs I notice no light loss at all - in fact I still think my fogs throw out more light than my lows, or at least that's the way it seems.

Of course, lol. Actually that picture is like 6 months old...so much more has been done to it since. ;)

Yeah I have the 35W HID's on all and they are bright as hell. Thanks for the pictures. Yeah I'm sold on that Satin and the laminx looks great. So what different tint %'s does Laminx have? Also how hard was it to tint the fogs?

Up on my post, I posted the link to the website (it's in yellow). That will show you all the choices you have for the fogs. It's takes maybe 15 min to install; not hard at all.

Sounds like your dealer really takes care of you. I know most dealers aren't that way. If they can't find anything wrong, they'll just send you on your way and tell you to come back if it acts up again.

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I figured out the link later last night and that is a good price on the fog covers. I think I will run that route. I am in talks with JJ now on some lights pretty much like yours only the trun bulb area chrome. Thanks for all the help Kevin!!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Anytime man. You might have him tint the reflectors or just leave them off altogether. I'd probably have mine tinted a little if I was having a set done now.

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That is a good idea. Yeah your heads look tinted I guess that is just the reflection on them though. I was trying to figure out what to do with the reflictor on the side. I might try to get it tinted then.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'm guessing you've browsed through his website right? My pics along with some other satins are on there - good ways to get ideas for your set.

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I have been going through them all and I like yours but with the turn area back left chrome. I'm ready for the blacking out stage to be finished it seems like I am always finding more things to do on the truck every day.