Going Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
So, I have a 1-2 drop on My 2015 RCSB. I have decided to go lower. I am going for a 3-4 drop.

I have already purchased Core 4X4 upper and lower control arms, and Illicit no cut brackets

I am going to be ordering :

McGaughys 2-4 deluxe kit with drop spindles • leaving the Crown Suspension 1" drop spring in the front
QA1 shocks for the rear
Custom adjustable Panhard bar from Speedway Motors
Hellwig rear sway bar

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sounds like a great set up that you will be very happy with. The people who have the Core arms love them so far

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Hey Gary,
I see You have many of the rear suspension upgrades that I am going with. Tell me, did they improve Your off the line traction at all?

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Looking forward to seeing the results. Been thinking of going an inch lower with the spindle drop also.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Lol.
Did the crown coils give you exactly 1"? How do they ride compared to stock ones.

I never measured the last time around, this time I will. But you can definitely tell it's lower than stock. The ride is superb with the Crown 1-2 drop. Nice and tight, but still rides very well.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Gary,
I see You have many of the rear suspension upgrades that I am going with. Tell me, did they improve Your off the line traction at all?

Yes. The Illicit brackets & QA1's both improved how the truck hooked up. I went from consistant mid 1.9 60's w/o those but w/ the same mods on 22" street tires to consistant low to mid 1.8 60's w/ the brackets & shocks on the 22" street tires. I can tell a big difference on the street too.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
You guys are going to cost me more money...lol

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys are going to cost me more money...lol

These trucks cost alot to set a 2/4 lowering kit up right. I have well over $2000 in my suspension but it handles like a dream now. Can hook 1.81 60's on 22" street tires, holds curves better than my Mustang GT did and rides pretty damn good for being lowered. I dd it 100 miles a day. This is the best riding lowered truck I have had w/ its current suspension set up. Now at 1st w/ just the Belltech 2/4 Street Performer kit w/ nothing else done....rode like ****, handled like **** & hooked like ****...lol I hated it. The main 2 things that brought the best out in the suspension was the Illicit brackets & QA1 shocks. If I ever have another 1 of these trucks, I wont lower it w/o those 2. Expecially the Illicit brackets.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
These trucks cost alot to set a 2/4 lowering kit up right. I have well over $2000 in my suspension but it handles like a dream now. Can hook 1.81 60's on 22" street tires, holds curves better than my Mustang GT did and rides pretty damn good for being lowered. I dd it 100 miles a day. This is the best riding lowered truck I have had w/ its current suspension set up. Now at 1st w/ just the Belltech 2/4 Street Performer kit w/ nothing else done....rode like ****, handled like **** & hooked like ****...lol I hated it. The main 2 things that brought the best out in the suspension was the Illicit brackets & QA1 shocks. If I ever have another 1 of these trucks, I wont lower it w/o those 2. Expecially the Illicit brackets.
Those 60s on 22s are nice! Especially being a truck. QA1s are definitely nice, i couldnt do without them on my jeep. I can imagine how well they ride on the truck. Those brackets are just a tough pill to swallow at $500...lol

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those 60s on 22s are nice! Especially being a truck. QA1s are definitely nice, i couldnt do without them on my jeep. I can imagine how well they ride on the truck. Those brackets are just a tough pill to swallow at $500...lol

It is if you buy them powder coated but there is a lil cheaper way.....you can buy the brackets uncoated for $400 from Illicit. All grade 8 hardware & everything, just uncoated. Thats what I did & I just painted them myself. $100 cheaper that way

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
It is if you buy them powder coated but there is a lil cheaper way.....you can buy the brackets uncoated for $400 from Illicit. All grade 8 hardware & everything, just uncoated. Thats what I did & I just painted them myself. $100 cheaper that way
Ah nice, i didnt know that. Thanks!

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
You can buy the brackets uncoated for $400 from Illicit...

Or you can wait until somebody else orders them, decides they don't want them, and then pay $350.00 shipped for a complete kit !

:signs8:

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine