Goodbye old friend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had to give her up. Can't justify keeping both my rams. Got to fix some wiring on her just before letting her go to the new home. My last bit of bonding and chance to say goodbye. I need a beer. Why do we car guys get so attached to certain vehicles. Took 1 last picture after I pulled the plates off.20190404_145718.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its a funny thing, my kids actually said they miss my old truck. Like started spurting out memories of things they did in it, etc. Stuff I never even thought they would remember, much less were a big deal.

But sure enough, over the years you build those "tiny" memories and remember them when something isnt there anymore.

If I had room for a second one, I would consider buying yours!

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's weird. I find myself feeling sellers remorse right now. The buyer assured me it would be well cared for. I really wanted to sell it to a friend or family member so I could still visit and take it for the occasional drive. They all either want new or cheap on fuel though.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear you! So far I have sold 2 used vehicles, both to my sister/brother in law :)

They got GREAT deals on both of them, but I felt like i came out OK because I didnt have to deal with trade in or private sale and they ended up with 2 reliable vehicles that they knew the history of.

The second one I sold them was the Frontier that my RAM replaced and it came with a guarantee I could use it if I ever needed to (like now, while my RAM gets fixed from idiots that dont pay attention)

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well more than 1 beer in and want to call the new owner and ask to buy it back. Why isn't there a support group for this kind of stuff? Lol

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. When I got the keys for the ST a couple weeks ago the guy said, don't mind me if I start balling. Poor dude took video of me driving off with it.

Now that I have two Rams, my head is spinning on what to do to what next. I sure wish I had my SLT done before I bought the ST.

I've posted locally if someone wants to give me 24k for my SLT, they can have it. I honestly am not sure if I would actually go thru with it if someone handed me the cash. Put too much time and effort into making that vision come true and I love that truck.

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol. When I got the keys for the ST a couple weeks ago the guy said, don't mind me if I start balling. Poor dude took video of me driving off with it.

Now that I have two Rams, my head is spinning on what to do to what next. I sure wish I had my SLT done before I bought the ST.

I've posted locally if someone wants to give me 24k for my SLT, they can have it. I honestly am not sure if I would actually go thru with it if someone handed me the cash. Put too much time and effort into making that vision come true and I love that truck.
Not going to lie. I'm struggling with it being gone. I did take a final picture and did tear up a little after it drove away. Not full bawling though. I am a man after all. Lol. It's kind of funny because I've had several people tell me I don't have feelings over the years so this is unusual for me as the usually logical and non emotional type. First time loving an inanimate object I guess. If the new owners have any troubles I think I'd refund their money and keep it forever at this point.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not going to lie. I'm struggling with it being gone. I did take a final picture and did tear up a little after it drove away. Not full bawling though. I am a man after all. Lol. It's kind of funny because I've had several people tell me I don't have feelings over the years so this is unusual for me as the usually logical and non emotional type. First time loving an inanimate object I guess. If the new owners have any troubles I think I'd refund their money and keep it forever at this point.

Yep. I have no attachments to inanimate objects any longer myself, but the trucks, I don't know what to say. As soon as I read your post it reminded me of when I posted up I was willing to give up the SLT. My stomach moved to my throat and chills ran through my body.

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yep. I have no attachments to inanimate objects any longer myself, but the trucks, I don't know what to say. As soon as I read your post it reminded me of when I posted up I was willing to give up the SLT. My stomach moved to my throat and chills ran through my body.
I can say for certain I understand

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_20180523_175016626_HDR.jpg IMG_20180523_174956644_HDR.jpg I know the feeling. Had an 03' Dakota 4.7 that was a wonderful truck. Unfortunately the upstate NY winters took it's toll on it over the 15 yrs I had it. Even my German Shepherd liked it better because he could jump in and out with ease, but he's going to be 9 this year and the Ram is just too high for him. I had to buy him steps and even though he uses them, he don't like them. Truck was mint on the outside. Got a very good price for it though.

IMG_20161231_135127193_HDR.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
We traded both of our '14 Jeeps in on the HD. My wife is just like me (us) with attachment to our vehicles. When I was in the military it would be less than a year that I would move and not have to see the old vehicle. Now that I retired(2010), we get to see our old vehicles on occasion. My wife's Jeep (Code Red) was bought by a lady that works at the same Walmart that she used to. When I went shopping, I saw Red and the owner having her lunch in it. I introduced myself and explained that it was one of our old Jeeps and had a nice conversation. What is strange is that someone at the dealership took the rims and tires that we put on it and put on a set from a Rubicon.

My old Jeep (*****), I have been told, has been bought by someone that lives in the trailer park that we used to live in. I haven't had the opportunity to chat with them.

We also took the last moment pics.
20190117_133222.jpg

20190117_133248.jpg

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't miss my old Duramax at all...... well, maybe just every time I'm trying to pull my 5th wheel up a REALLY steep hill with my Hemi :) :)

I hear there's a cure for my problem.... something called a Cummins :)

Seriously, there always is that funny instant when you leave your old truck. Once that's passed I don't think about it too much but I definitely stop and think about all the miles. It's more of a reflection of how many years of life have passed. And a bit of thanks that I didn't run into anything and die in said truck.

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I drove my 2004 for 13 years (225k miles) and it took such good care of me and my family. Never let me down. It was like an old old friend.

I felt pretty sad when I gave it to my daughter, but at least it was still in the family. My daughter traded it about 6 months later on something that got much better gas mileage. Sad again.

Although I really like my 2017 RAM, I have not gotten attached to it like my 2004. To this day, when I see a silver 2004 1500, I look for the scratches and small dent mine had in the a-piller. I dont know what I would do if I ever saw it. Probably be sad again.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only vehicle I can honestly say I regret getting rid of was my 2010 SRT8 Challenger. Had a zoomers exhaust and to this day I do not know why I got rid of it. Just a dumb decision on my end. Both kids loved it, my wife loved it, I really loved it.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
To me vehicles are just that and meant to come and go. In all the years I've bought and sold I've never missed or regretted selling any with one exception, my '72 'Cuda. Sold it due to growing family and I regret that one to this day. As much as I love my RAM I could sell it tomorrow if a better replacement came along, although I will say this; my wife would probably kick my butt if I did as she loves this truck!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel your pain.
Many years ago now, I sold a 1985 Toyota MR-2 I had babied for 12 years, it looked and smelled brand new.
I actually "interviewed" people when I sold it to determine who would be the best candidate to take care of my precious baby. (true story, my wife laughs)
This young girl in her 20's convinced me she would care for the car as I had and keep it up, she always wanted an MR-2.
3 years latter my wife decided to contact the girl to buy it back as a surprise anniversary present, how sweet and thoughtful.
The deal never went through, but my wife took me by the girls house to see my "pristine" beloved MR-2 one last time.
It looked like it had been used and abused so bad it was totally trashed inside and out, that lying *****, how could she do that to my car!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I hear you guys! I love my vehicles more than some people! Lol.

I feel this way every time I have sold a travel trailer and see it going down the road with it's new owners. Tough to watch. Felt the same way when I sold my 69 gto and watched it roll down the street on a trailer.

Some of my vehicles I dont miss...mainly the **** buckets that gave me lots of grief...but my babies, the ones that I liked and treated me well are always tough to let go of.

If your a car guy, gear head, greaser like me and you are meticulous with your stuff, you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into your equipment....so it kind of becomes part of you and representative of you. So it's tough to let some of those go, and all the memories.

Sold my wife's 2008 focus to my niece for her first car. I maintained it since new and it still looked great at 152k. I knew she'd trash it and she has. She's had it at over a year now and probably has not vacuumed it out once since I sold it to her. Their family are slobs so it wasn't a surprise, but I hate seeing it now. It hurts me..lol!

Same thing happened recently when we sold our home of the past 13 years. You look back on all the memories and know that's the last time you'll ever be in that house.

well, that's just me anyway...but I do love my equipment and taking care of it....there are worse things I reckon!

Reactions: BWL

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is how I felt after trading in my 2010 wrangler unlimited. Only vehicle I truly connected with on any real level. When they say it’s a Jeep thing. They mean it. Something about a 6am foggy warm summer morning, open country roads and watching the sun come up as you cruise with no doors and roof. And that’s my drive to work. Once I get to work it’s another storey [emoji1787]. But I won’t get into that. I’ll save that for Dr Phil.

I am a starting to feel that way about my 2017 ram and it’s gonna sting if I ever have to rid of this thing.

Worst thing I had to get rid of tho was my bass boat. Watching that drive off behind a Nissan Titan was really hard [emoji30]

6ac8829bd474c6022a82383835a06f2b.jpgRIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 97 Cherokee 4.0/5spd new when I was in early my 20’s. Suspension lifted and it was on 31’s. All the offroad goodies and loved that Jeep, many camping and OBX trips playing in the sand. Traded it in after 4 yrs. then about a year later saw it in an Arby’s parking lot and pulled in...so sad. Still Skyjacker lifted, but with standard cheap wheels and tires...had stuffed animals on the dash and etc. i had to wait. Teenage girl came out and got in. What a waste, felt so dejected....

Reactions: BWL

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963