GPS is lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So in my 2014 3500, has I believe a Gen1 8.4 radio with nav. I get no errors, or lockups. everything esle on the radio seems to work fine too. But when I try to use the NAV, it thinks its in another state? Its not a map issue, where a road may have been updated or moved. And no I have never updated the internal maps since new. It thinks the truck is somewhere else and it displays that info on the map. Taking it in for service next week, as I have an extended service plan that says it is covered.

My question is, on some other threads here some people have said they had to have the radio replaced to fix this issue. Do they re-install a Gen1 radio for the replacement, or do they install a updated version of hardware?

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like issue when I had a 15 1500 Laramie. Dealer replaced the radio unit, or whatever that entire unit is called. They replaced a "like" unit. Map was more out of date than what I had. Should have made them update the maps, but chose to not putz with it. Mine was under warranty. Good luck with whatever the issue is.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
What version software is your radio on? Latest is 18.45.01 that fixed the GPS timing problem.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i updated my radio up to the 18.45.01 software version, it took care of most of my GPS error

The VR part of it is still wrong though

OP
OP
stevenP

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My software on my radio is at the 15.26.1. Tried to do the software update with a thumb drive today, and it wont even read the drive. Says data unreadable. I am wondering what the dealer is going to tell me?

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Same thing happened to mine. Worked fine one day then the next it was about 100 miles off and showing me right in the middle of Lake Erie. Called Panasonic and they had me go to an empty lot and shut the truck off, open and close the drivers door, back up in a tight circle counter-clockwise 5 times, shut the truck off, open and close the drivers door again...and it still didn't work...lol. But seriously, that was what they had me do. Dealer ended up replacing it under warranty.. I have started using my iphone maps and connecting it to my truck to display on the touchscreen. I'm still under warranty but if it happened again and I wasn't under warranty I would probably just continue using my phone and leave it alone as long as everything else worked fine

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
My software on my radio is at the 15.26.1. Tried to do the software update with a thumb drive today, and it wont even read the drive. Says data unreadable. I am wondering what the dealer is going to tell me?
You need to do an incremental update to v17.43.1. There is an extensive thread on how to properly configure the thumb drive and may have links to the software required. Please note that software prior to v18 is radio and year specific. v18 is radio specific.