Gremlin4x Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Let’s talk MPG! First, speedo has been corrected via Alphaobd and speed verified via GPS on a flat section of road. What I have not verified is the odo. I’m hoping that with the speedo correct the odo will be as well. Second, gearing is stock and tire pressure set at 40psi in the front and 38psi in the rear.

first picture was on a flat straight road with cruise control set.
View attachment 212684

Next photo is the same road pulling and old M101a2 trailer I’ve been very slowly working on over the years. With all of our camping gear it weighs about 2k rolling on 35” tires.
View attachment 212689
View attachment 212690
Round trip to our campsite was 500 miles, averaging about 14.5mpg hand calculated. Speed was between 60-65mph over rolling hills and varying grades (Alaska).

I don’t know how useful any of this is, but when I was considering upgrading tires I became obsessed with what might happen to my fuel mileage.

One more thing. Last summer here in Alaska the best tank of gas I had was 15mpg running empty between 60-70mph.
I like that set up. I noticed you have a diamondback cover on your trailer.

OP
OP
Gremlin4x

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I like that set up. I noticed you have a diamondback cover on your trailer.
I do. They don’t advertise them but they make them for the M101a2/3 trailers. Awesome company and I love the cover!

OP
OP
Gremlin4x

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What’s the 12v for in your lower grill?
The 120v plug? Block heater, oil pan heater, and transmission pan heater. I need to come up with a cleaner looking solution but not until I decide whether to up grade my bumper.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 120v plug? Block heater, oil pan heater, and transmission pan heater. I need to come up with a cleaner looking solution but not until I decide whether to up grade my bumper.

Well for the time being, why not just stuff it into your bumper so you dont see it?! LOL

Truck is lookin’ good!

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks good.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
No, it’s a piecemeal kit from Thuren! The result of countless hours on this forum lol
You can piecemeal stuff from thuren!?!

If you dont mind me asking.. how much? I dont even see fox shocks on their website

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gremlin4x

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You can piecemeal stuff from thuren!?!

If you dont mind me asking.. how much? I dont even see fox shocks on their website

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thuren’s website let’s you buy the components separately. The front shocks are found in their 2013-up 3500 section. The rears are found in the power wagon section.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got home from a two month overseas assignment and work says I need to quarantine for a couple weeks. I wonder how I’ll pass the time...
View attachment 229311

Oh my heavens wtf are you gonna do with your time?! How will you manage to suffer through this?!

Front boogie woogies only? Bags out back?

OP
OP
Gremlin4x

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Oh my heavens wtf are you gonna do with your time?! How will you manage to suffer through this?!

Front boogie woogies only? Bags out back?
I’m not sure if I’ll want/need bags so I held off on the rear boogies until I get an idea of how the new rear springs handle some weight in the bed.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any pics on this build or updates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk