Hard to fill as weather gets colder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick_ca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
Don’t know if this is right area to post but wondering if anyone else finds it hard to pump gas as weather gets colder I've owned truck since April 2018 and it’s been the same each year (Ontario Canada) as weather gets colder I have to move nozzle around as it gets pressure build up and shuts gas pump off or very slowly squeeze pump trigger and take forever to fill.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are multiple issues with that filler tube.One problem is shutting off prematurely and the other is not being able to remove the fuel nozzle

Mossybloak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Outdoorsman
I have found that turning the fuel pump handle so that it rests on the truck's fuel door while pumping usually helps. I also have to do this on my wifes 18' Grand Cherokee.... Crazy.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you that colder weather affects the pump's ability to move liquids?

Mossybloak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Outdoorsman
He's discussing how the pumps constantly shut off while filling...not the speed with which the gas is flowing into the tank.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
I heat up the filler neck with my lighter.............................