has anyone debadged and then.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone debadged and then taken the 5.7 hemi tag, separated the hemi from the 5.7 and reapplied them "5.7 hemi" on each side of the hood?

also has anyone taken the debadged RAM1500 from both sides, gently cut the leg off one of the "R"s, painted the letters/number R, A, M, 0 and the P you just created black, rearrange and reapply just below the crease on the tailgate to spell MOPAR?

Just curious.

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone debadged and then taken the 5.7 hemi tag, separated the hemi from the 5.7 and reapplied them "5.7 hemi" on each side of the hood?

also has anyone taken the debadged RAM1500 from both sides, gently cut the leg off one of the "R"s, painted the letters/number R, A, M, 0 and the P you just created black, rearrange and reapply just below the crease on the tailgate to spell MOPAR?

Just curious.
Well I haven't...lets see how yours turned out!

Shaneyberger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the hood treatment on my old ram, I liked how it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bravada94

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im trying to get pics up..to no avail.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Use photobucket or similar site... no quotas there.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
What's the domestic pickup version of "rice". I'm looking for the appropriate word to describe my thoughts...haha

Yeah...I'm kind of a "less is more" kind of guy myself. I have been notorious for de-badging my vehicles for years...they tend to put too many badges on cars now.

My "black ram" came de-badged from the factory save the ram heads and one black "4x4" on the tailgate. It's clean and the 4x4 is well hidden so I'm leaving it on there.

Some like to slap badges all over their rigs and its a personal thing so I try not to judge.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
To each his own. I chose to leave nothing but the hemi badges on, but the idea does look good if thats what you like.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I removed every badge I could.
I think these 4G rams look best smooth n clean.

kcdt58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not really my taste, but the MOPAR on the tailgate was a neat idea. I've never seen it before.

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that looks really, really hacked and cobbled together IMO. If you like it then rock it, but I'd never do it.

OP
OP
bravada94

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
im normally a less is more type also. im not completely sold on the hood but i had done it on my 6 when i had her. so im letting it settle in for a bit.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah...I'm kind of a "less is more" kind of guy myself. I have been notorious for de-badging my vehicles for years...they tend to put too many badges on cars now.

My "black ram" came de-badged from the factory save the ram heads and one black "4x4" on the tailgate. It's clean and the 4x4 is well hidden so I'm leaving it on there.

Some like to slap badges all over their rigs and its a personal thing so I try not to judge.

personally they look like something is missing without all the badges. i do agree they sometimes put too many on but my biggest issue is the dealer badges, i used to just peel them off but these days most here are drilled so there's not a lot you can do

OP
OP
bravada94

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
getting some really, really, fabulous responses.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
personally they look like something is missing without all the badges. i do agree they sometimes put too many on but my biggest issue is the dealer badges, i used to just peel them off but these days most here are drilled so there's not a lot you can do

Yeah...the pinned badges really suck. You see that a ton on trunk list or curved surfaces.

Case-in-point, my '04 GTO had a big, ugly badge on the front 1/4 panel. GM had to make it so large because the car was originally Australian. In AU, it had an integrated turn signal per their own regulations. So...I popped off the ugly logo and put the OEM blinkers back on:
AZA_5.jpg

I received many compliments about them funny enough.

As for the smooth truck...I can see that, it really is different strokes for different folks. Not everyone likes the de-badged look.

As for dealership badges, they really irritate me and some can be a serious pain to get off.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As for dealership badges, they really irritate me and some can be a serious pain to get off.

:word: Dealership badges annoy me to no end. Thankfully, the dealership I bought mine at use a license plate frame that's easy to get rid of. I saw a ram like mine from another dealer that had a vinyl decal right below the lone star badge. I felt bad for him.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I debadged everything and separated the "5.7 Liter" from the HEMI badge and just put the hemi part on my doors. I am liking the MOPAR on the back, haven't seen that before.

DSCF4744_zpsf9f59c4b.jpg