Headed for a look and test drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John4337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My advice, is to be patient. Definitely go for a test drive to see if it’s a good fit. You’ll get better deals toward the end of the year and especially in January when the incentives to get rid of the previous year are through the roof.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My advice, is to be patient. Definitely go for a test drive to see if it’s a good fit. You’ll get better deals toward the end of the year and especially in January when the incentives to get rid of the previous year are through the roof.
Although, I agree that the longer you wait, the better the deals... but... for what is left over. If you are particular about what you want, and you have found it in this truck, I would jump now. I think if what you posted are factory incentives, you can really smack it out of the park by negotiating down to at least dealer invoice, plus the incentives, and maybe even 0%.

But if that is the truck you want, I personally wouldn't wait.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree, the longer you wait the less choices you'll have out there. If you like what this has, get it at a price that you feel comfortable with.

Red
I agree with this

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It was hard to find a Limited with the rambox and MFT on the same truck when we were shopping for a truck for my wife. Took us six months to find, but we also wanted the black appearance package and 33 gallon fuel tank. If this truck has all the options you want (and doesn't have what you don't want) I say to jump on it. If not, keep looking. As far as price is concerned, there's always some room for negotiation. The advertised price is nearly 11% off MSRP. It's not a fantastic deal but I've seen people do worse.

OP
OP
John4337

John4337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The test drive went well. Of course there’s always a conversation, the advertisement required and trade in, which I don’t have, and finance thru them. We got them to honor the trade in portion. We’ll be talking other numbers tomorrow, mainly because I was hacked and had to freeze all our credit last night (ugh) I think I’m fighting limited inventory with these options.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The test drive went well. Of course there’s always a conversation, the advertisement required and trade in, which I don’t have, and finance thru them. We got them to honor the trade in portion. We’ll be talking other numbers tomorrow, mainly because I was hacked and had to freeze all our credit last night (ugh) I think I’m fighting limited inventory with these options.

You may be, but don't give into them. If they won't deal, just order a '21 and get what you want.

OP
OP
John4337

John4337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We’ll see what they say today. If edmunds is right (are they?) we’re hovering at or very near invoice. And as Mike said above, hard to find one with these options.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That's the same discount I got on my Laramie a month ago. Big Horn's are going for $12 - 14k discounts a some dealers in CA.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
$8300 off sticker is not enough. :)

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still looking for my retirement truck. Best wife ever said go for broke, so I've looking and found this one.

https://www.hayeschryslerlawrencevi...rew-cab-4x4-57-box-lawrenceville-ga/47516990/

Whats the current thought on 2020 pricing now that the 21's are starting to arrive?

Thanks in advance

John
If my wife gave the green light and said go for broke, I'd be looking at a TRX, because then I'd be broke and it'd be her fault.

:D

Good luck in the hunt!
You are getting some solid advice on here. Particularly, the TRX comment... I second that. If you are not a balls to the walls kind of guy, then then one you found is spectacular! It's a beaut' for sure. Saw one of those with the 22's in person the other day. REALLY nice. Enjoy whatever you decide! Looking forward to seeing your new rig!

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know that's what people are paying, they like their option packages and I respect that, but ~$64K for a Ram 1500 is just plain nuts to me.

In July 2020, I paid ~$28K all-in for a 2019 Ram 1500 classic crew cab, 4x4, 5.7" bed. Just a basic SLT trim and it was an ex-rental with 15K miles on it, but extremely clean. With vehicle pricing the way it is today, that same truck is more like $32K now, but still way less than a new one.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
OP
OP
John4337

John4337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, seems crazy what these cost, but I looked back, my wife’s ‘14 Explorer Limited was well into the 40’s. The TRX isn’t my taste, but it is cool. I have my Cobra to go fast if needed We’re blessed to be able to do it. I’ll update later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01