Headlight adjustment gone wrong 2017 1500 projector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mnorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I attempted to adjust my headlights upward as I started to turn the screw and move them up I heard a pop and the light dropped back down. The screw is spinning freely now and nothing is moving. Exact same thing happened on each side. Any ideas on how to fix?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
How far did you turn those adjusters ??

Are your lights L.E.D.s or H.I.D. or Projector ??

one type of adjuster

1695788132849.png

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I attempted to adjust my headlights upward as I started to turn the screw and move them up I heard a pop and the light dropped back down. The screw is spinning freely now and nothing is moving. Exact same thing happened on each side. Any ideas on how to fix?
First step would be pull both housings out, see if you can get the adjustment screw threaded again or something.

OP
OP
M

Mnorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I figured it out just going to be a b**** to fix. The adjustment works by the screw actuating something that looks similar to a finger with a ball on the end that sits in a socket on the interior of the housing just above the projector. Apparently they pop out… I will need to take out the housing remove all installed lights then attempt to pop it back into the socket. From reading reviews it’s not fun as it doesn’t want to pop back in freely…I’ll let y’all know how it goes. The amount of plastic parts in the light housing is ridiculous it’s shocking the damn thing stays together at all.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I figured it out just going to be a b**** to fix. The adjustment works by the screw actuating something that looks similar to a finger with a ball on the end that sits in a socket on the interior of the housing just above the projector. Apparently they pop out… I will need to take out the housing remove all installed lights then attempt to pop it back into the socket. From reading reviews it’s not fun as it doesn’t want to pop back in freely…I’ll let y’all know how it goes. The amount of plastic parts in the light housing is ridiculous it’s shocking the damn thing stays together at all.

If you could grab a few pics along the way, this might help others with the same dilema.

OP
OP
M

Mnorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do! I’ve been warned that a heavy amount of swearing will be involved. Hopefully I can find a more efficient way to do it. I’ll post all findings

OP
OP
M

Mnorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after much frustration I figured out the issue which is harder to deal with than the fix. The Mirimoto 2 stroke 3.0 barely fit in the headlight EVEN WITH an extendable dust cover from headlight revolution. It’s so tight in the housing that when you go to move the light up the housing will eventually contact the back of the LED and pops the adjustment out of the socket and the projector drops. The ****** part is that my lights need to be pointing another 1” or so up. I figured this all out by putting it all back together with the extended housing just to attempt to raise them and popped the ball out of the socket for a second time. The 2stroke 3.0s have a large back housing on them.

Getting it back in is simple. the socket is attached to an extension. You just use the screw, back the whole thing out then tilt the light toward the back of the headlight and push the ball back into the socket. It takes some force, vasoline helped. I will be contacting headlight revolution as this should been caught before it’s advertised that the mirimotos fit with the extendable dust cover… very frustrated paid a lot for supposed best products for my set up…

Last edited:

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Had the same thing happen with Lastfit LEDs for my 2013 about a year ago. I just needed to turn it a little bit moooooore... pop! I did get it eventually. I was able to use the factory covers but they are tight... I thought about ordering the extended dust cover but I've had no problem so, I just never did.

The lights are amazing going down the road.

I change all of the front lights to LED Lastfit bulbs. I tried their reverse lights but they sucked! They were bright but could not get the light to shine in the correct spots. The bulb was so big it blocked the reflector. I did try "Diesel LED" they had a different design and were nice and bright! However, when putting the truck in reverse and the camera would come on I would get interferences lines on the screen. Like and old VCR being out of tracking adjustment. For some reason the reverse light bulbs are different between my 2013 and my son's 2011 RAM and his Lastfit reverse light bulbs work great!

Mikethomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after much frustration I figured out the issue which is harder to deal with than the fix. The Mirimoto 2 stroke 3.0 barely fit in the headlight EVEN WITH an extendable dust cover from headlight revolution. It’s so tight in the housing that when you go to move the light up the housing will eventually contact the back of the LED and pops the adjustment out of the socket and the projector drops. The ****** part is that my lights need to be pointing another 1” or so up. I figured this all out by putting it all back together with the extended housing just to attempt to raise them and popped the ball out of the socket for a second time. The 2stroke 3.0s have a large back housing on them.

Getting it back in is simple. the socket is attached to an extension. You just use the screw, back the whole thing out then tilt the light toward the back of the headlight and push the ball back into the socket. It takes some force, vasoline helped. I will be contacting headlight revolution as this should been caught before it’s advertised that the mirimotos fit with the extendable dust cover… very frustrated paid a lot for supposed best products for my set up…
Are we talking projector lights here? HIDs? LEDs?