Headlight Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PersyDonkers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably not the right section to place this but idk if I'm just lucky and my 2012's headlight output is just garbage or if it was normal for that year. Looking for a decent plug and play upgrade. GF's Toyota low beams are brighter than my highs. Any recommendations?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I did the Cougar Motor 3.0 LED’s from Amazon, in my Hi’s Lo’s and fogs ... Plug N Play ... Bright as hell ... Just wish I knew how to make the fogs stay on with the Hi’s ... FYI, I am 2012 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Second the Cougar Motor ones. Also ran all 3 on my 2010 but recently switched to 6000k HID lows.
Still running the Cougar highs & fogs.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you talking about sitting in the drivers seat, seeing far into the distance while driving at night? Or standing outside of your truck looking back at it and putting pictures on instagram? Those are two different and mostly unrelated definitions of brightness and they have two different approaches to addressing it.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the Cougar Motor 3.0 LED’s from Amazon, in my Hi’s Lo’s and fogs ... Plug N Play ... Bright as hell ... Just wish I knew how to make the fogs stay on with the Hi’s ... FYI, I am 2012 as well

Fogs dropout only work if you can modify the BCM via AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
P

PersyDonkers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you talking about sitting in the drivers seat, seeing far into the distance while driving at night? Or standing outside of your truck looking back at it and putting pictures on instagram? Those are two different and mostly unrelated definitions of brightness and they have two different approaches to addressing it.

Hahah. Definitely meaning as in the driver seat.

OP
OP
P

PersyDonkers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do on the Exterior side, kinda figured that would be the spot. But yea thanks for the recommendations.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7

Do you have a link to the specific ones that worked in the high beam? I have stock quad beam headlights and I just had to return these Cougar LEDs that did not fit high beams due to the fact that they stuck out beyond the dust cap.

Those Cougar LEDs do fit in my horizontal fogs though, and I am happy with them.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep, the 9005s linked above are the exact ones I'm running in my 2010.
Fit under the caps no problem.