Headlights aimed WAY too low.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone,
I decided to get some blacked out quad lights rather than trying to open and paint. ( I tried and I quickly realized the permaseal was gonna take way too long and maybe ruin the housings)

Anyway, I marked the height of the cutoff of the OEM lights on the wall before I took them off but when I installed the new one it was aimed a good 2 ft. below where it should be! (From 20 ft. away)
I tried the adjustment screw but that only raised it a couple inches... Any ideas? Little tricks to fix it? or are these just garbage housings and I need to get different ones?
- Sorry in advance for no pictures...I'll remember to take some when I try again.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the bulb position, the headlight housing is fully seated....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bryce88

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check the bulb position, the headlight housing is fully seated....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
K, well maybe I'll try that again. I took them out and tried a few times but I'll have to just double check that I guess. If not, maybe they're just bad housings.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you they are locked/snapped in and installed right

OP
OP
bryce88

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I'm sure they were in right. If that's what you meant to ask.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bryce88

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok so I found the problem. On the inside of the housing, the mechanism for adjusting the aim had popped out of its socket. I think this happened because of all the LED components (drivers and capacitors)that I had put in the housing before installing. Then when I went to adjust them, as the adjustment screw was was pulling back on the reflector, the LED components were preventing it from moving back and I must've cranked on it too hard and the little ball joint had popped out. Anyway, I was able to pop it back in by pulling on the reflector with a large allen wrench put through the hole where the bulbs go and pushing on the adjustment screw at the same time. So we're all good now! (I tried attaching photos but it won't let me. Do I need 50 parts in order to do that?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured it was that ball/socket piece lol

OP
OP
bryce88

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I figured it was that ball/socket piece lol
Yeah, but now my problem is they're both aimed to far to the right! Which I think is weird because since they're a mirror image of each other, if there was some manufacturing problem in the housing, you'd think the problem would be mirrored too. But they're both aimed too far to the right...any ideas?