Heads Up Display?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gulf Driver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has there been any talk of Ram offering a Heads Up Display in the near future?

I'm considering buying a 2020 when they're available and after having just driven a BMW with a HUD, this is a feature I'd really like to have on a new vehicle.

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
could always just buy an aftermarket one, they're not particularly expensive

R

Rogues Gambit

Idk, but it's not a big deal

Dad's Range Rover and Sister's RDX have em, they're cool but not a deal breaker

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So.. here's one thing I'll say, and being a Dodge guy my entire life, I'll say this... The new Sierra Denali 1500 is fierce. My mom is trying one to see if she'll like it over her Yukon XL Denali... and lemme tell ya, the cabin felt huge inside, the bodylines on the truck made it feel huge like a lifted truck (but its very average height) its got camera's for days, including a HUD and rear view mirror screen (not an actual mirror) ... Its tagged at just a hair over $80k .... But a Loaded up all options RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn is tagged slightly north of $80k .... I'd have to actually go in an do numbers but if both of them come in shy of $70-75k I might try a Denali truck.... The new Ram seemed small inside in comparison.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey test drive both and report back... Doesn't the New Denali got that "kool" tailgate? lol

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I'd suspect it would appear in the next generation or at least refresh, if at all, because it requires retooling the dashboard. I've got hud in my Corvette It's there but I have it set with just mph and no other doodads I'd be fine if it wasn't there.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had HUD on by Camaro. To be honest, it was more of a distraction then a convenience. But U have to also remember, unless U R like 6'6", U R sitting in a hole in the floorboard on the camaro.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d rather see automakers adopt the Tesla style of dash. One large screen that controls everything and then everything come off the dash. It would be cheaper, less parts to break, less service visits and updates are sent down for the whole vehicle, not just infotainment updates.

A HUD might be convenient for MPH, possibly even navigation but I’ve had a vehicle with a HUD, it was neat but I never missed it. The simplistic design of the Tesla however, especially their climate vent design and how the steering wheel controls are dynamic to provide additional functions is genius IMO.

Iowa ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you mean advanced safety warning, where the vehicle will actually stop itself to avoid frontal crash?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CTDRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
My Wifes Suburban has factory HUD and I love it! I can always see my speed without looking down at the dash. I drive with my left hand at 2 o'clock most of the time which blocks view of dash. I bought a CTS Cadillac with HUD for a daily driver, because I liked it on wifes car so much.
Dodge Rams are my favorite truck! But, I will wait for the heads up option before buying a new one.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
RAM is killing it in the truck market overall outdoing all others starting in 2019, but there some room for improvement. HUD is one. Better small details on operation is another (radio, lights, key, etc... Much longer post later so don't ask just yet...)

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’d rather see automakers adopt the Tesla style of dash. One large screen that controls everything and then everything come off the dash. It would be cheaper, less parts to break, less service visits and updates are sent down for the whole vehicle, not just infotainment updates.

A HUD might be convenient for MPH, possibly even navigation but I’ve had a vehicle with a HUD, it was neat but I never missed it. The simplistic design of the Tesla however, especially their climate vent design and how the steering wheel controls are dynamic to provide additional functions is genius IMO.
I've never driven or even been inside a Tesla, but doesn't that also mean if your screen goes out your car is unusable? The proverbial "all your eggs in one basket" scenario if so. This is the reason I opted to not get the 12 inch display in my 2020 Laramie. I like having actual separate switches for each thing.

ttam1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never driven or even been inside a Tesla, but doesn't that also mean if your screen goes out your car is unusable? The proverbial "all your eggs in one basket" scenario if so. This is the reason I opted to not get the 12 inch display in my 2020 Laramie. I like having actual separate switches for each thing.
That was a very wise decision. I'm sure most of the 12.3 info screen people would be happy with something else. I've had a ton of cars/trucks in my life and the Alpine system ain't too shabby.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT

Big thumbs down on the Tesla style dash. Refused to get a 12” screen b/c it was just too much. Don’t want anything bigger than the 8.4. HUD is also a no go for me. But that’s why they have options.

hawgsalot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was a very wise decision. I'm sure most of the 12.3 info screen people would be happy with something else. I've had a ton of cars/trucks in my life and the Alpine system ain't too shabby.

Wait what? "I'm sure most of the 12.3 info screen people would be happy with something else"??

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wait what? "I'm sure most of the 12.3 info screen people would be happy with something else"??
Pretty sure he was referring to the people who've had issues with this screen, which seems to be quite a few more than those with the 8.4 inch screens. Doesn't seem to include you though.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Hey test drive both and report back... Doesn't the New Denali got that "kool" tailgate? lol

When I was truck shopping, I did test drive the '19 version. The truck was nice, cool tech, but the ride was stiff. If I was hauling every day close to rated capacity it might be OK, but as a daily driver I went with the RAM. Plus, I got the RAMBOX option this way!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you mean advanced safety warning, where the vehicle will actually stop itself to avoid frontal crash?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I didn't see anyone talking about that, but it is available on the RAM.