Hello from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireResQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone! I am a South Texas Firefighter/EMT and have owned my 2013 Ram 1500 for a couple of years now. Growing up I remember when my Dad was issued a Dodge Ram V8 Magnum as an undercover vehicle (Working as an investigator), and at the time I thought that truck was so mean looking, lol! Fast forward to now, and I'm the owner of a 2013 Ram 1500 Lonestar. Unfortunately, though, I've ran into an issue with the electric power steering going out (Failed suddenly while making a turn and almost caused an accident). I joined this forum after noticing that I wasn't alone with this problem, and am now hoping to find, and possibly give advice and solutions to this terrible problem.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get the problem fixed, and if so what was the repair ? And, welcome to the forum.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the ram forum!

OP
OP
FireResQ

FireResQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get the problem fixed, and if so what was the repair ? And, welcome to the forum.
I have not. I threw a shot in the dark and disconnected the battery cables and pressed them against each other, removed the TIPM, and cleaned each fuse and connection 1 by 1, but this didn't help any. I'll also add that almost every indicator light (Service air bags, traction control, etc.) Also came on at about the same time the EPS started going out. Randomly it will fix itself for a short while, but then it will stiffen up again.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hello everyone! I am a South Texas Firefighter/EMT and have owned my 2013 Ram 1500 for a couple of years now. Growing up I remember when my Dad was issued a Dodge Ram V8 Magnum as an undercover vehicle (Working as an investigator), and at the time I thought that truck was so mean looking, lol! Fast forward to now, and I'm the owner of a 2013 Ram 1500 Lonestar. Unfortunately, though, I've ran into an issue with the electric power steering going out (Failed suddenly while making a turn and almost caused an accident). I joined this forum after noticing that I wasn't alone with this problem, and am now hoping to find, and possibly give advice and solutions to this terrible problem.
I would try and find out if the recall for power steering failure was performed on that truck ... if it wasn't you might be able to get it done since it was never done before ...

But it is something that is known to go out on a lot of trucks between 13-19 which is almost every single 4th gen out there lol

SW79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello.

Steve

OP
OP
FireResQ

FireResQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would try and find out if the recall for power steering failure was performed on that truck ... if it wasn't you might be able to get it done since it was never done before ...

But it is something that is known to go out on a lot of trucks between 13-19 which is almost every single 4th gen out there lol

Spoke to Ram Care on the phone, apparently there was a repaired steering wiring issue that had been fixed due to a recall, so I'm making an appointment with the dealership for a diagnosis. If it's the same problem, it might be free of charge, but if it's not then I'll be opening an onlyfans account to raise money for repairs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Spoke to Ram Care on the phone, apparently there was a repaired steering wiring issue that had been fixed due to a recall, so I'm making an appointment with the dealership for a diagnosis. If it's the same problem, it might be free of charge, but if it's not then I'll be opening an onlyfans account to raise money for repairs
It should be free of charge regardless ..... don't let them tell you other wise ....

But hopefully it all turns out good man ..