HEMI Tick - Only A Matter of Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my 2007 1500 Hemi with 130k miles. Orig. head studs/bolts. Figured it was only a matter of time before I’d get the all-to-common tick... well, as of yesterday, it showed up. I only see one bolt/stud left on the whole left bank. Does anyone know if i can just rethread or restud the heads instead of buying new ones? Or is it better to get new heads? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would only expect do heads if the stud holes are so rounded out that the new ones wont fit in.

Carefully remove the studs any which way you can, use a thread cleaner (kinda looks like a dull tap with a flat end) to clean the threads and reinstall new studs.

OP
OP
jmd4100

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would only expect do heads if the stud holes are so rounded out that the new ones wont fit in.

Carefully remove the studs any which way you can, use a thread cleaner (kinda looks like a dull tap with a flat end) to clean the threads and reinstall new studs.

Great thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And that's not what the hemi tick is, btw

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk