HID BiXenon hi/lo kit low beam problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verstohlen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I just installed a Xentec hi/lo kit on my 08 Ram and I've run into a problem. The kit came with two bulbs, two ballast and it's own wiring kit with a controller. I installed the hi/lo first and fired them up to see that they worked, then I proceeded to put on the HID foglight kit as well, those worked perfectly. After this I realized the high beam actuators weren't working, so it was trial and error finding the right combination of the 3 pin connectors into the stock headlight socket, then they both worked and switched hi into low. i began to notice occasionally the low beams would turn off and on quite a few times then run fine, letting it work itself out they ran for about 5 minutes without an incident, I figured they were alright. Now here comes the problem. I decided to see how they looked at night and went out for a drive, the lights worked for a bit then started to turn off and on again, almost shi**ing my pants i took the back road home, this problem persisted but at random times, I switched into high beams and if the lows wee off at the time the high beam would force them on instantly and they dont turn off when in high. The foglights were my back up when the lows would turn off but we all know thats not enough. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? I don't think the ballasts are already shot right off the bat, I typed a lot but any feedback and thoughts is helpful, thanks guys.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I have a feeling it is a CANBUS related issue. Did the kit come with any type of resistor/Capacitor setup? If not that would be your problem right there. The computer is thinking that there is a bulb out so it is shutting off the circut. If left for a while it will completely shut the circut off, and the only way to have it fixed would be to go to a dealer and have them reset it.

OP
OP
V

verstohlen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a feeling it is a CANBUS related issue. Did the kit come with any type of resistor/Capacitor setup? If not that would be your problem right there. The computer is thinking that there is a bulb out so it is shutting off the circut. If left for a while it will completely shut the circut off, and the only way to have it fixed would be to go to a dealer and have them reset it.

No, pretty sure it did not come with a resistor/capacitor, is it a hassle to head to dealership for a quick reset or do you suggest me buying two of those. What came in the package was the controller, bulbs, ballast, controller had 4 wires, two for powering each ballast along with two hi-low actuator switches with that as well as two grounds, another for the battery linked with a fuse on it, sounds a tad confusing but that's what I remember, can link you the kit if needed.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Do a search here for HiD related issues. I know JJ on here (search Retro Shop) can further assist you getting the stuff you need. You will need two harnesses (one for left, and one for right side).
You can go to the dealer for a quick reset, but be prepared to pay dealer prices...