Hit and Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
The wife and I were parked out in BFE at the local strip mall last week and someone backed into her rear bumper.

And they drove off. Nice - looks like a high bumper hitch on a lifted truck.

Bent it really bad. She's pissed. Our insurance said since it is a drive off, it's covered under our Comprehensive coverage. Which means a $500 deductible. Which means we end up paying most of the replacement costs.

Does anyone here know if the bumpers on Rock Auto (CH1103123 is the stock number) is going to fit correctly? I really don't care if it is CAPA certified since I can get that bumper and get it painted and installed for less than my damn deductible.

Looking for a little knowledge here.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
That’s a good excuse to get a sweet aftermarket rear bumper.

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I went ahead and ordered a Black Horse Armor Heavy duty Black rear bumper. $585 and already powder coated. I will just use some left over rattle can bedliner I have sitting around. It's not the SPORT bumper and won't be body colored, but at this point, I really don't give a $hit

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Probably too late to help you now, but the same happened to us a few years ago. However in our case, after calling the cops, they got video from the store and identified the perp. Who of course denied it, but no matter, our insurance went after him and his insurance paid up.

I have no tolerance at all for hit and run drivers. Their vehicle should be forfeited for property damage and throw them in prison for injuries or fatalities.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I went ahead and ordered a Black Horse Armor Heavy duty Black rear bumper. $585 and already powder coated. I will just use some left over rattle can bedliner I have sitting around. It's not the SPORT bumper and won't be body colored, but at this point, I really don't give a $hit

Post a pic when you're done please.

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Post a pic when you're done please.
Copy that.

It's supposed to be delivered by Friday. I plan on installing it on Saturday morning. Gotta do a brake job and adjust the front sway bar on our autocross car as well.

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Probably too late to help you now, but the same happened to us a few years ago. However in our case, after calling the cops, they got video from the store and identified the perp. Who of course denied it, but no matter, our insurance went after him and his insurance paid up.

I have no tolerance at all for hit and run drivers. Their vehicle should be forfeited for property damage and throw them in prison for injuries or fatalities.

Parking lot does NOT have video surveillance - I asked one of the stores. It is what it is.

This is one of the myriad of reasons I hate people.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Your new bumper looks great. I like the step up slots, the holes for backup lights, etc. Is it heavier than the original bumper? How was the installation?

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Your new bumper looks great. I like the step up slots, the holes for backup lights, etc. Is it heavier than the original bumper? How was the installation?
Much heavier.

The only thing you really have to do is wiring in the license plate light. Everything else is straightforward.

I will say one step asks you to remove the rear remote sensor from the old bumper to the new. Ours didn't have one so I'm searching all over the damn place looking for something that doesn't exist.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Didn't they sell a version for trucks without back-up sensors?

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Not backup sensors but remote sensor. It has rubber plugs to fill in the holes for the parking sensors.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Now all you need is another hit and run on the front bumper and you will have justification to make both bumpers match. :)

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
looks good....talk about making lemons in to lemonade....nice job

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A few summers ago my truck got hit while parked, and all that happened is the tail light got busted out. Still, I was absolutely furious when I walked up and saw it. But, then I hopped in the truck and saw a note under my windshield wiper. The note stated that he was super sorry, and he gave me his name and number and told me to call him. So I did, and what he wanted was the info on the truck so HE could go to the dealer and buy a new tail light for me. By the end of that SAME DAY, the dude DELIVERED me a brand new tail light from the dealer. And he almost begged me to let him put it on (which I appreciated, but told him I will gladly do that). He just felt so bad. I wish there were more honest people like that in the world today.

The new bumper looks pretty good, congrats!

Whats the remote sensor for, to drop the tailgate?

Last edited:

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That was a good guy to leave the note, etc. I backed my new Toyota Tundra into another pickup's trailer hitch once. I left a note with my name and number even though I could see no damage to his truck. I also called my insurance company to give them a heads up that they could be getting a call. I told them I was OK with the minor damage on my truck. That call came back to bite me in the butt later because it showed up as a ding on my insurance record, even though they never paid out any money.

A few summers ago my truck got hit while parked, and all that happened is the tail light got busted out. Still, I was absolutely furious when I walked up and saw it. But, then I hopped in the truck and saw a note under my windshield wiper. The note stated that he was super sorry, and he gave me his name and number and told me to call him. So I did, and what he wanted was the info on the truck so HE could go to the dealer and buy a new tail light for me. By the end of that SAME DAY, the dude DELIVERED me a brand new tail light from the dealer. And he almost begged me to let him put it on (which I appreciated, but told him I will gladly do that). He just felt so bad. I wish there were more honest people like that in the world today.

The new bumper looks pretty good, congrats!

Whats the remote sensor for, to drop the tailgate?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
That was a good guy to leave the note, etc. I backed my new Toyota Tundra into another pickup's trailer hitch once. I left a note with my name and number even though I could see no damage to his truck. I also called my insurance company to give them a heads up that they could be getting a call. I told them I was OK with the minor damage on my truck. That call came back to bite me in the butt later because it showed up as a ding on my insurance record, even though they never paid out any money.

No good deed goes unpunished.

OP
OP
KBoltz

KBoltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Now all you need is another hit and run on the front bumper and you will have justification to make both bumpers match. :)
I mentioned that to the wife.

I got The Look. At that point, I implemented a tactical withdrawal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye